PFCS #1 Winning Format

Rik

PFCS #1 Winning Format

Post by Rik »

Okay, I said we were going to mix things up this year. The slam format was getting boring so here goes. The winning format for PFCS #1 is:

You get inches for your two largest fish and they can not be the same species. These two must be shown clearly on a measuring board so we can tell how long they are. Two largest fish.

You get bonus points as follows - 5 points each for a jack, a lizardfish and a catfish. If you catch all three you get 5 more bonus points. Total of 20 bonus points and you can only enter one of each of these bonus fish. These are just pictures of the fish, they don't have to be measured. A 5 inch jack gets the same bonus points as a 30 inch jack (but isn't nearly as much fun to catch)

Example: 24 inch redfish, 26 inch snook, one jack, one lizardfish, one catfish are caught. You get 50 inches for the two fish plus 20 bonus points for the jack/lizard/cat (5 points each plus 5 for cacthing all three) for a total of 70 points.

Please read the PFCS #1 changes thread. - http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtop ... 39&t=37554" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also in regards to the largest fish. No species limitation but don't be stupid. If you catch a 5 foot bull shark and get your man boobs bit off trying to hoist it onto a measuring board don't come crying to me. Besides, you only get inch credit for the number of inches showing on your measuring board. If you find a big tarpon, you'd better have a tarpon tag in it's mouth and visible before you put it on a measuring board.

Questions?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Re: PFCS #1 Winning Format

Post by Todd »

So, now that gulp is allowed I could tip a huge hook with 50 pieces of gulp and catch an 8' shark. Drag him into my kayak and if I clearly show an 8' measure on my kayak I could win? Add to that I catch the three trash fish I would have 96" plus the 20 addl points?

Also-what is the tiebreaker?

Really Rik? Who said catching a slam was getting boring?
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Rik

Post by Rik »

Todd wrote:So, now that gulp is allowed I could tip a huge hook with 50 pieces of gulp and catch an 8' shark. Drag him into my kayak and if I clearly show an 8' measure on my kayak I could win? Add to that I catch the three trash fish I would have 96" plus the 20 addl points?
yep. But, like I said, get bit doing it and it's your own damn fault.
Also-what is the tiebreaker?
First to submit their tally sheet, as always.
Really Rik? Who said catching a slam was getting boring?
Didn't say catching a slam was boring. Said the slam format for winning was boring. Every tourney does that.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
ZeroSix

Post by ZeroSix »

Rik - though this makes my head hurt a little - I support it (and you). Glad to see that Todd and his man-boobies are on board. See you in the morning.

Joe
“Buda! Wanna see the best thing about owning a Hobie???”

18 March - Eric Bell Memorial

Hobie Outback - Moss "Ole Blue"
Hobie Pro Angler - Dune "Big Phaddy"

Sr. Vice President ExPS-Elite -PFK-CaC
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Gulp is now legal? When the hell did that happen? Never use the stuff, but hey they do make some chartreuse stuff.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Gulp became legal when Rik found some chartreuse gulp in his garage. :lol:
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Rik

Post by Rik »

It's gonna be a catfish caught on chartreuse gulp that wins this thing!
DoubleM

Post by DoubleM »

Hopefully no one gets stuck seeking the glory.
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Rik wrote:It's gonna be a catfish caught on chartreuse gulp that wins this thing!
Could be true. Last week I caught the biggest sail cat I have ever seen. Was one of those "what the hell have I hooked" moments. Gotta tell ya though I am going to think twice before I put one of those slimy spiky bastards on my measuring board.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
Rik

Post by Rik »

As I wrote, don't need a measurement on the bonus fish. Just a pic.
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

Rik wrote:As I wrote, don't need a measurement on the bonus fish. Just a pic.
But does the token have to be in the bonus fish pics?
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
rpiatt3

Post by rpiatt3 »

"If you find a big tarpon, you'd better have a tarpon tag in it's mouth and visible before you put it on a measuring board."

You wouldn't have to have a tarpon tag in its mouth if you get into the water with the tarpon, with the measuring board in the water too. As long as you keep the tarpon in the water I don't believe there is a problem with measuring it, but i could be mistaken.

Post by 13 »

Can't believe I have to miss this! Well done guys. Sounds awesome! I must say, I am a little bummed since I just got good at the other format last year, but I can't wait for Weedon!