Stand N Fish

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
sasay

Stand N Fish

Post by sasay »

Does anyone use the Stand N Fish?
I happen to buy a used kayak that had one on it and it was nice and works great, so I decided to get one for my Torque.
I did some searching to see what else was out there because lets face it the stand N fish has a price tag... well I never found anything that would even come close to it so I sent off an e-mail to the company with my concerns of how it would install on a Torque.
and to my surprise I got a reply that same day from a guy named Rick.
He told me that he had done a few Torques and he even sent me some pics of it. well in one of the pics it showed the pontoon mount right where I have my live well and I thought maybe this would be an issue.
After another e-mail to Rick he told me that he was in Sarasota and if I decided to get the Stand N fish I could just bring my setup to him and he would install it, Rick was even nice enough to let me get it done on the weekend.
so the day came and I loaded up my kayaks and off I went. I got to Rick's shop at 9AM and in about 1 hr it was all done, Rick was even nice enough to give me a rod holder for my old stand n fish that was missing when I got it.

So I am just wondering if anyone else has one and how you like it?
And for anyone who is thinking about it, it really is top notch and Rick the owner is a great guy that really helped me out, I know there are cheaper options but in my opinion there are non that are in the same class as this product.
It really gives me hope that there is still customer service out there.
Within you is the power to do things you never dreamed possible, as soon as you change your beliefs...
2011 Ocean Kayak Torque
Stand N Fish
humminbird 385ci
(thinking about getting an x-wing)

2008 Malibu Mini-X (with Stand N Fish)
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Re: Stand N Fish

Post by Manning »

Funny story. I ran into the guy the developed and built the Stand N Fish a couple years ago while he and some friends were test fishing a couple prototype models. They looked pretty well thought out and seemed to really work well. I think that they were / are a little pricey so not sure how they have sold. To be honest that is the only time I have seen one of them on the water and I fish at least a couple days a week.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

While it is probably a great and well made product I adhere to the less is more philosophy. If you really want to stand and fish there are a lot of kayaks on the market you can easily stand in without all the added hardware and weight required of the stand and fish system. I wouldn't want all the extra weight and obstruction if I had to paddle against the wind on a windy day.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

Todd wrote: I wouldn't want all the extra weight and obstruction if I had to paddle against the wind on a windy day.
That and all the extra stuff to transport.
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
Mike Hodge

Post by Mike Hodge »

I looked into these a few months ago because I wanted a way to pole and handle a fly rod solo all while sight fishing. I like the concept, but eventually I decided to go the Todd route -- less is better. I have enough stuff as it is. I've just learned to put the paddle down and grab my rod smoothy --- or I get out and wade.
... The last thing I need is something to assemble or lug around at the launch.