Slayer Inc SST - Sinister Swim Tail

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
Heywood

Slayer Inc SST - Sinister Swim Tail

Post by Heywood »

I have been a big fan of the whole line of Slayer Inc’s products for a long time. The Jacksonville Florida Company produces some of the finest jig heads, weedless jerk bait hooks and assorted spinners baits that I have ever used. So when I heard that there was some “Top Secret” research and development going on in northern Florida, I couldn’t wait to see the finished product. After several telephone conversations I learned just how difficult it was to produce a swim bait lure. Or should I say just how much passion owner Chris Cenci has for his dream. In his own words, “It had to be just right.”

Well Chris, I think you got it right!

Measuring 3 1/8" long, you can see how it compares to several other popular swim baits. The difference between all them is the SST's tail. The larger design, almost double the other brands, along with the angle, which is almost a 90 degree angle to the body, gives this swim bait unbelievable action in the water.
L to R – Slayer Inc SST, ZMan, DOA, Bass Assassin

Rigged with either a 3/0, 1/8 oz XXX Penetrator Weedless Wide Gap hook or a Predator or Destroyer Jig head in the same size, this lure can be slow trolled back, twitched and let fall or ripped back. whichever your style of retrieve, the fish can’t resist it.
The following videos demonstrate the action rigged in both fashions.

(Sorry for the poor quality, I'm a one man show).

SST rigged on a Predator Weedless Jig Head
https://vimeo.com/43735591

SST rigged on a Penatrator Weedless Wide Gap hook
https://vimeo.com/43735463

Walt Palen with a Tampa Bay redfish caught on a Slayer Inc SST, in Gold Finga.

After just a few trips with this lure, I can safely say that Chris has a winner on his hands. I prefer the weedless set up, slow trolled in and around big schools of mullet I have nailed redfish after redfish with the SST in "Gold Finga". With many new and exciting colors coming out, look for the Sinister Swim Bait in your local tackle store, or better yet just visit http://www.slayerinc.com and order them on-line.

"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
bassboy

Re: Slayer Inc SST - Sinister Swim Tail

Post by bassboy »

You guys went fishin without me......Really.Its all good i had a great with the wife and son catching pinfish over at ballast point today oh lets not forget the evil puffer fish, Nice job Bill on the article they look real good.
ICOT

Post by ICOT »

Some good lookin lures :salute: May try that setup next time I'm out
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

PFtTS
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Todd wrote:PFtTS
Riptide got at least $200 out of me last year. And it's my defacto swim bait now.

Perhaps next years "mystery lure"? Guess it wouldn't be so much a mystery as it would be a guest/sponsor lure.
JB
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

Thanks Bill... there goes another 30 bucks...
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
The Below Average Angler

Post by The Below Average Angler »

Just ordered some of these from Strike King. The action on these is unlike anything else out there. Makes the DOA tails look like they hardly move.
Jason
rugrat181
Supporter 2011 - 2014
Supporter 2011 - 2014

Post by rugrat181 »

Thank you for the description Bill. I knew there was a way to "need" another plano, and something new I "had to have" to fill it......
It's 5 o'clock somewhere. Let's celebrate !!

Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club"

Dave S