Aquadream spoons

Flamingo to Big Bend
ahancock08

Aquadream spoons

Post by ahancock08 »

Can you buy these around the Tampa Bay area or just online?
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Re: Aquadream spoons

Post by Todd »

Holy Mackeral Tackle sells them. Funny how they are all the rage now. They have been around for years, they used to be call Capt. Mikes. I still use a trusty Johnson Silver minnow in 1/4 oz gold. Best spoon ever made IMHO.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
ahancock08

Post by ahancock08 »

Thanks. Yeah...I have never had much luck w/ spoons, but I keep hearing everybody talking about them. I was going to pick one up this weekend and head down to Ft. Desota.
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

For the southside folks - in Ruskin Southshore Bait & Tackle has 'em for the same price as the internet. I would call before you go - sometimes they don't have a particular color size. They sell like hot cakes.

I'm with Todd - Johnson and Aquadream - hard to beat.

I'll go on a limb on the next hot lure - Paul Brown Originals. They ain't cheap, but seem to be gaining momentum.
JB
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

jbdba01 wrote:
I'll go on a limb on the next hot lure - Paul Brown Originals. They ain't cheap, but seem to be gaining momentum.
Another lure that hs been around for a very long time. If you thought you fished a doa shrimp slow, that lure is even slower.
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

I have used the Johnson Sprite spoons and have had good luck, but I'm thinking about picking up and Aquadream here soon.
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
ahancock08

Post by ahancock08 »

Alright. Todd talked me into it and I went with the Johnson Silver Minnow. Are you guys getting most of your bites Au' natural or with a grub tail on the end?
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

No need to add anything, just fish it slow.
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Flatsclass is the reason for the surge in popularity of the Aquadream spoons and the Paul Brown.

I like the Johnsons Silver Minnow, its hard to beat, and if it aint broke don't fix it.
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
Rik

Post by Rik »

http://www.lakelandinc.com/saltwater.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.lakelandinc.com/catalogpages ... Spoons.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (two catalog pages)

These guys make a good spoon. Much more corrosion resistant than Johnson, less expensive and real weedless design. Their catalog pages show pricing per 1,000 so you'll have to send them an email to get smaller quantity pricing. Yes, they will sell single spoons.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
tony66

Post by tony66 »

A friend of mine showed me one of these recently and was saying they're brand new on the market and he was getting a bunch of hits on it. I told him it's not new, I had one a few years back, as matter of fact I had the same color (white spoon, red hook, weedless). I also said that not long after I saw these in the store somebody started sellng a reflective tape or decal you could use to replace the back if it got too scuffed up. Of course he asked how I did with it, to be honest I didn't have much luck but then again, I don't use a lot of spoons so I'd have to say no luck was 75% my fault for not using it enough to really learn how to work it. This friend of mine is one of 2 people who got me into using lures. Up till then I only used live bait, now I only use lures. Nothing against live bait, I just don't want to mess with it if I don't have to, I have way more fun with lures.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Rik wrote:http://www.lakelandinc.com/saltwater.htm

http://www.lakelandinc.com/catalogpages ... Spoons.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (two catalog pages)

These guys make a good spoon. Much more corrosion resistant than Johnson, less expensive and real weedless design. Their catalog pages show pricing per 1,000 so you'll have to send them an email to get smaller quantity pricing. Yes, they will sell single spoons.
That spoon rocks. I have to get more.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
22acrowd

Post by 22acrowd »

John wrote:Flatsclass is the reason for the surge in popularity of the Paul Brown.
I'd say Mirrorlures involvement had far more to do with their popularity here. They have been huge in Texas for an eternity.

That, and the fact that huge trout devour that thing.
JoseC

Post by JoseC »

AD makes great spoons. I much prefer the AD spoon over Johnson. AD has a way better hook , better weedguard, and you never have to worry about the hook eventually breaking off like it always eventually happens on Johnson spoons.

Not to knock the Johnson spoon as it is also a great spoon, but not my first choice.
Jose C

Hobie Revolution
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

I mainly use Capt'n Mikes(AquaDream) Gold Spoons although I will use Johnsons as well......The one thing I will warn you about with Capt'n Mikes(AquaDream) is the Split ring can and will become a problem if you tie a Loop Knot......I spoke to Mike Hakala about this and he concurred the loop will work itself through the split ring and come off during a fight and sometimes just use without checking........I lost a huge Red a few years ago because the loop came off of the split ring...VLAP was with me and I am sure he will attest to this....I called Mike and he agreed it has happened to a few on more than one occasion, including himself.......I Tie a Snug Polomer Knot from my leader to the split ring no problems.....Just a little heads up......
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Rik

Post by Rik »

Plus, Capt Mike even suggests using a swivel on his spoons.
Tip: I like to attach a quality barrel swivel directly to the spoon's split ring. This reduces line twist and improves the spoon's action."

Capt. Mike
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley