Bar report

dunfly

Bar report

Post by dunfly »

Didn't make it out on the water this weekend, but I did make it by Barfly in downtown Safety Harbor. Jeff (finatic) and Celeste Harrell opened it up a couple of months ago and it is a very unique place. Beer and wine bar with two fly tying stations and Jeff's artwork on the walls. While I was there Brad (late of The Tampa Angler) was teaching kids how to tie flies and Jeff was giving fly casting lessons. Definately worth a stop. :chug:
“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste....” — Rahm Emanuel
"Freedom!" - Sir William Wallace
Who is John Galt?
Captain Hugh

Re: Bar report

Post by Captain Hugh »

Wife and I went there recently. Really nice pours of wine (very generous) and we reccomend the fish dip.
Nice friendly place, plus fly fishy atmosphere.
"There was a very cautious man, who never laughed or cried. He never risked, he never lost, he never won nor tried. And when he one day passed away, his insurance was denied, For since he never really lived, they claimed he never died
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

It's my favorite hang out, a short walk from my house.
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
Rik

Post by Rik »

For those that don't know, Jeff Harrell is also the owner of Finatic Designs, a long time sponsor of the PFTS.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

So does someone have an address or directions????
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
BlueTuna

Post by BlueTuna »

Mark R wrote:So does someone have an address or directions????
Yeah man!! Not like we're trying to steal a fishing hole or something!! Besides I need a better quality place place to hang out! :chug:
"There's no such word as can't" - Dad
David
Rik

Post by Rik »

100 main street suite 106
Safety Harbor, FL 34695
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Captain Hugh

Post by Captain Hugh »

It is in the mall area across from the Safty Harbor Spa. It is about five store fronts down just past the pizza place. On the left as you walk in from the road.
"There was a very cautious man, who never laughed or cried. He never risked, he never lost, he never won nor tried. And when he one day passed away, his insurance was denied, For since he never really lived, they claimed he never died