DIY cart for Ultimate 14.5???

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
UltimateBobWPB

DIY cart for Ultimate 14.5???

Post by UltimateBobWPB »

I've got an Ultimate 14.5 and am having trouble with my cart. Bought a Mighty something or another which looked like it would handle the weight. It always folded up no matter how I attached it. I took some PVC. And tried to stiffen it up but still not real happy. It seem to like to turn sideways too. Any DIY project suggestions? I think I can use the wheels for anything I work up. Thanks
Rik

Re: DIY cart for Ultimate 14.5???

Post by Rik »

If your Mighty is like the ones I googled up -looks like a roleez - you might try something like the pics below. Manning came up with the idea. Pool noodle with PVC pipe thru the center. 3 noodles wide fits the tunnel of the Ultimate. Quick and inexpensive solution. Really makes centering the boat on the cart very easy.

Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Here is my version. Rik just had top one-up me by adding a third noodle.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
UltimateBobWPB

Post by UltimateBobWPB »

Hey thanks. That's what I've done for now. Using some long electric ties to lock it all together seems to be helping. Hope to test it Thursday.