perception swifty rigged for fishing..budget fishing machine

If you use one that is listed, please add a review. If a kayak or canoe that you would like to give a review of is not listed, please add it. This is also where you can show off your boat.
drewtonium

perception swifty rigged for fishing..budget fishing machine

Post by drewtonium »

Couldn't pass up the sale price on a scratched perception swifty 9.5 the other day. Brought it home, did a little research and busted out the small power tools. After a couple hours of work she was ready for her first slime job. I added two angled flush mount rod holders, one in the front and one in the back. A water tight box up front for phone, keys, license, ect. A tackle tray is right behind the seat. I also bolted on an eye bolt in the front side for the paddle and rod leashes. In the rear i installed a cleat with clip for when we crab around the docks and a clam cleat, with an anchor thrown behind the seat. Last but not least a clip on paddle holder that required no drilling. All the hardware was stainless steel with big washers on the inside to spread out the pressure. Everything was solid and on its first outing everything felt like it was in the proper place and worked just fine. All the bolt on parts survived the highway ride back and forth. Are there any other SIK's rigged for fishing out there. Please share your pics back.
IMG_2716.jpg