Caught a SKUNK!

Flamingo to Big Bend
NarcSgt

Caught a SKUNK!

Post by NarcSgt »

Have fished Emerson Point on Sunday and then Cockroach Bay today. Is it just me or does it appear the fish are playing hard to get?

Talking to the rest of the folks on the water......not a ton of folks catching fish.
22acrowd

Re: Caught a SKUNK!

Post by 22acrowd »

NarcSgt wrote:Have fished Emerson Point on Sunday and then Cockroach Bay today. Is it just me or does it appear the fish are playing hard to get?

Talking to the rest of the folks on the water......not a ton of folks catching fish.
You are doing it wrong.

I can't recall a better winter of fishing. The reds and trout are everywhere and they are hitting anything that moves.
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

22acrowd wrote:
NarcSgt wrote:Have fished Emerson Point on Sunday and then Cockroach Bay today. Is it just me or does it appear the fish are playing hard to get?

You are doing it wrong.

I can't recall a better winter of fishing. The reds and trout are everywhere and they are hitting anything that moves.

Sure they are Steve.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
NarcSgt

Post by NarcSgt »

I can't recall a better winter of fishing. The reds and trout are everywhere and they are hitting anything that moves.[/quote]

Steve,

Checked with every boat at Emerson Point and Cockroach Bay.....nothing would take the bait......artificial or live.....I usually slaughter the fish at both locations...........but............as you say.............WE all must have been doing it wrong.
Rik

Post by Rik »

22acrowd wrote:You are doing it wrong.
How about some enlightenment on how to do it right?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Went to EG Simmons Wed(1st time out in 3months)....Add them to the list of non- takers.....the Solunar for Wed was the best day of the month.....Too bad the fish didn't read that.......Oh well at least I finally got to get on the water...... :cool:
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

This weekend the bite was at the end of the incoming, which was later on the day. Just around 2pm on Sat. The morning was not very productive, very little movement fish wise.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
BlueTuna

Post by BlueTuna »

Well you guys made up my mind for me for tomorrow. Think I'll stay home or maybe go play with the bluegills on the Hillsborough.
"There's no such word as can't" - Dad
David
22acrowd

Post by 22acrowd »

Heywood wrote:/quote]
Sure they are Steve.
My friends call me Steve. You can call me Dr. Smith.
How about some enlightenment on how to do it right?
I'm back two weeks and already you want me to teach you how to do everything.

Rik, I think you and the Legend should invite me fishing sometime. He looks like he has gotten into decent enough shape to keep up with me.
Rik

Post by Rik »

22acrowd wrote: Rik, I think you and the Legend should invite me fishing sometime. He looks like he has gotten into decent enough shape to keep up with me.
Not likely at this point. Neither one of us enjoy having to pull over inflated egos back down to sea level all day.

Now, if you'd like to offer some constructive advice to assist some of the folks that aren't as almighty a fisherman as you, I may rethink that.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
SRQGator
Grocery Yodeler

Post by SRQGator »

1 1 12?
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
NarcSgt

Post by NarcSgt »

I Paddled 10 miles of Fort Desoto and caught nada. I may hire Dr. Smith to help me.
rpiatt3

Post by rpiatt3 »

I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but i did end up with 3 reds during the PFTS tournament on saturday out of fort desoto and through out that morning d. wig and i saw at least 30 tailing reds in little groups of 2 or 3. I spooked countless reds and i lost one other fish where the hook pulled and i had a hook break on a fish. :scratch: Its all about timing, placement,and divine providence.