Hillsborough Fly fishing

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
Pirogue

Hillsborough Fly fishing

Post by Pirogue »

I have a hankr'n for some bluegill on the fly rod. So the plan is to launch at the Fowler ramp on Saturday morning and fish the Hillsborough River.

So, the invitation is open.

Tom
1 3 12 120 3000
bassboy

Re: Hillsborough Fly fishing

Post by bassboy »

we might be back in town friday night im thinkin we will send me a text and i will let you know. If you can get me saturday morning i will have everything ready to tie down. i dont know what to use up there because idk if that is fresh or salt.
Pirogue

Post by Pirogue »

It's fresh. But let me know if you are going to be back. I can pick you up. We don't need to be there at first light. I think starting at a gentlemanly time would be fine.

After all, this this is snobbish, effete, and refined fishing.

I don't know if you have fly gear. But if you do, a 5 wt with some poppers, spiders, or small sinking bugs will work. I may bring some zonkers in an attempt to coax a bass or two. I was also thinking of tying some Myakka minnows if I get the time. I have plenty of flies if you need them.

If no fly gear, just bring bass stuff and maybe some beetle spins for the gills.
1 3 12 120 3000
bassboy

Post by bassboy »

ok i will call you and let you know i think i have some small gear i know have an ultra lite rod let me pop a nice size bass on the ultra lite that will be fun.