Old Flats 11/13

Flamingo to Big Bend
seeinred

Re: Old Flats 11/13

Post by seeinred »

That red is a stud, Doug! (that rhymed)... you're the grand slam master!
For more kayak fishing reports, tips, and fishing charters please visit;
http://tampabaykayakcharters.com/

Spencer
bassboy

Post by bassboy »

Okay Yall who is up for a road trip? Doug them is nice pics but if we take a road trip u must show us this or a spot that produces these fish.
DouGR81

Post by DouGR81 »

1okbyme2 wrote:Now if you could just post those coords....... :wink:
26 55 20 N, 80 47 40 W
bassboy wrote:Okay Yall who is up for a road trip? Doug them is nice pics but if we take a road trip u must show us this or a spot that produces these fish.
Can show you everything but the tarpon :lol:
Hobie Fishing Team
2014 Hobie Oasis
bassboy

Post by bassboy »

DouGR81 wrote:
1okbyme2 wrote:Now if you could just post those coords....... :wink:
26 55 20 N, 80 47 40 W
bassboy wrote:Okay Yall who is up for a road trip? Doug them is nice pics but if we take a road trip u must show us this or a spot that produces these fish.
Can show you everything but the tarpon :lol:
Thats fine dont have anything big enough for tarpon yet. Are you in ft.myers or the estero area im originally from the ft.myerscape area
1okbyme2

Post by 1okbyme2 »

Man, I was just kidding.... :joker:

(26 55 20 n 80 47 40 w) Is that like a strip joint or somethin' ?

I'll have to bring my bass gear. :lol:
"They paved paradise and put up a parking lot" Joni Mitchell

Post by 13 »

Middle of Okeechobee? Nice :scratch: What is it about poons? No one ever wants to give up their spots as if they are afraid you are going to go fish their spot every day & catch every fish in the ocean. Granted its a small window when I know where they are certain times of the year, but I will be more than happy to show someone some spots in the bay area if anyone wants to show me how to hook one. Tried all kinds of baits & lures, but no hook ups again this year. At least my fishing buddy got a baby in the backwaters while we were looking for snook one day.
JoseC

Post by JoseC »

You are the man Doug!

Excellent pics and report!
Jose C

Hobie Revolution
DouGR81

Post by DouGR81 »

13 wrote:Middle of Okeechobee? Nice :scratch: What is it about poons? No one ever wants to give up their spots as if they are afraid you are going to go fish their spot every day & catch every fish in the ocean. Granted its a small window when I know where they are certain times of the year, but I will be more than happy to show someone some spots in the bay area if anyone wants to show me how to hook one. Tried all kinds of baits & lures, but no hook ups again this year. At least my fishing buddy got a baby in the backwaters while we were looking for snook one day.
I've seen first hand what sharing of resident tarpon spots can due to a fishery. I will not make that mistake again. The tarpon will move elsewhere or develop lockjaw as you said. I can go to my tarpon spots any day of the year, catch them on lures, and not see a single person while doing so. The juvenile tarpon spots are what sustains the tarpon population. If you introduce too many nonnative species (people) to the ecosystem, what do you think will happen? With so many people on the water these days at what point do you stop sharing spots so that people can rape the fishery and actually think about resource?
Hobie Fishing Team
2014 Hobie Oasis
DirksFishin

Post by DirksFishin »

Nice dude don't know how you do it. Ultra good spot I supose? I learned my leason about giving up my fresh water spots... Now there's no fish in them... Techniques yes... Honey spots no.... Sooo since they're in the same family do Tarpon count in the tourney? :study: Also what kind of camera you got? It takes some nice pics.
Derek

I hear possum taste like chicken.