New to the site

Introduce yourself. It all starts with your first post. Jump in, the water's fine.
Native Girl

New to the site

Post by Native Girl »

Native Girl (aka Robbi). I live in Orlando as well. I have been kayak fishing for about three years now. I've been through several different kayaks. It all started with OK Venus that I bought for fitness, and now it has emerged into a fishing "obsession" of sorts. I love being outdoors and the quietness of the kayaks. Currently, I am on medical leave from kayaking/fishing but it should only be for 2 weeks. I have a WS Commander 120, but plan on buying the Hobie Pro Angler in September (fingers crossed they're out by then) after Mr. Simms scopes out the 2012's. I stummbled onto this site when I was seaching "pros/cons" of the PA. Looked like a few folks here have them and I will be reading more and asking questions. My goal is to start fishing in some of the online fishing tourneys!

I am a current member of the Orlando Kayak Fishing Club! Thanks and stay safe!
size matters

Re: New to the site

Post by size matters »

Welcome and let me just say that you will not regret buying this beast of a fishing machine. I am not sure what the changes for 2012 are but I have a 2011 that had steering changes. I actually got snuck up on last night at a lemon bay by a fwc officer that I did not know was hiding in the bushes and after he got done checking all of our fish he said several times that he had never seen such a cool kayak and how impressed he was. Let me know if I can help in any way helping you set up trailer, etc. Ken
"President of the Dink Fishing Club"
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: New to the site

Post by DaveR »

Welcome!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.