New member, new resident.

Introduce yourself. It all starts with your first post. Jump in, the water's fine.
H2F

New member, new resident.

Post by H2F »

I'm a native of Michigan and cut my teeth in canoes and spent more time in drift boats. My first kayak fishing excursion was on Blackburn Bay last July....it has been depending on your perspective,down hill from there. I currently live in Venice and fish 4-5X weekly. Needless to say I dig it. I met the same guy several times at a launch who turned me on to this site. I primarily flyfish and love to wade(after being wrapped in gortex for much of my life) and find it very liberating. As much as I love to pursue fish on the fly, I also occasionally carry a heavy battery of casting, spinning gear. I have 3 Tarpon 140's and one rigged more specifically for flyfishing. The other two are kinda interchangable.
I was a steelhead bum in Michigan and have kinda become a snook bum living in Venice and have them so accessable. The tug is the drug for me. Redfish, snook and my yet to be tarpon in a yak is what I'm after. Hell, I'm up for a shark out of a yak. I guess I'm still just a fishing bum at the end of the day. Cheers. Chris.
GILs_GONE_WILD

Re: New member, new resident.

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

Saw your posts on the Fly Fishing Board before I saw you here ... welcome.
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Welcome! Glad to see another fly guy. I'm a beginner but diggin it.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
BigFlyReel
Supporter 2011 - 2013

Post by BigFlyReel »

Welcome! Sounds like you're rigged and set to go.
____

Native "Slayer Propel 13"
Native "Ultimate 12"