Native Ultimate Propel

If you use one that is listed, please add a review. If a kayak or canoe that you would like to give a review of is not listed, please add it. This is also where you can show off your boat.
CooKnFish

Native Ultimate Propel

Post by CooKnFish »

Sharon has had the boat for a few weeks now and was able to come up with a list of add-ons. She wanted a place to put her drink so she wouldn't have to mop coffee out of her boat all day. She wanted an anchor trolley so she could better position the boat to make a presentation, a place she could store smaller items that get used regularly and a place to keep her paddle when she is not using it. With my winnings from the tournament yesterday, she was ready to go shopping today.

The boat itself looks pretty basic. The openness of a canoe does not leave a lot of options for mounting. But a closer look reveals the little details that can make a day on the water a bit more enjoyable.

Native uses the Adapt-A-Track with some nice accessories that was just what Sharon was looking for. This pouch holds everything she usually has scattered about the floor. Leader material, dehooker, tackle box, lipper gripper, etc. We also attached a Scotty mount triple rod holder to her milk crate to keep the rods neatly out of the way.

The same mesh material they use on the seats is also used for the accessory pouches. This bottle bag is a perfect drink holder for can soda, bottle drinks or even a sport bottle. With the Adapt-A-Track, it can slide anywhere along the boat to be tucked neatly out of the way.

I have never purchased an anchor trolley "kit" because I always felt that the kits were not the same design or quality that I would get if I pieced it together myself. I must say it is about time that someone started paying attention to stuff we actually use. I saw a couple of different kits that looked like they had it together. Pricing was questionable but not totally unreasonable.

Sometimes a mistake can turn into a moment of brilliance. Sharon originally wanted the paddle on the side of the boat. After I mounted the paddle keeper I immediately noticed the flaw of having it there. It was not very stable and a wave could easily grab it while paddling in chop or through boat wakes. I was also trying to figure out a way to keep the full length anchor trolley from sliding under the boat. We saw Sam @ Bill Jacksons and he told us a story about getting an anchor trolley wrapped in the prop. The keeper was in perfect position so that the paddle can rest on the top deck which keeps it high and stable. The keeper also doubles as a trolley keeper to keep the ropes from sliding under the boat.

I got the thumbs up so I guess I did alright. :thumbright:
Paddles - they aren't just for the bedroom anymore.

~Mark~
DoubleM

Re: Native Ultimate Propel

Post by DoubleM »

Very nice, I like the trolley/paddle keeper idea and plan on copying it :razz:
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
Sledford

Post by Sledford »

Great idea on the trolley line keeper. I might try that too. I use the same type of paddle holder. I mount the bungee on the adapt-a-track and put the keeper button on the inside of the gunnel.
Sam
1okbyme2

Post by 1okbyme2 »

Better secure that pink crate well, it matches my crocs....
Sweet lookin' rig...congrats!
"They paved paradise and put up a parking lot" Joni Mitchell