Fish Grip

Dustin

Re: Fish Grip

Post by Dustin »

To me, the best attribute of the Boga is that it rotates. The idea of putting a gripper that doesn't rotate on a green oversize redfish with a mouth full of trebles doesn't sound like much fun. I'll gladly pay the extra $$$.
BigFlyReel
Supporter 2011 - 2013

Post by BigFlyReel »

Dustin wrote:To me, the best attribute of the Boga is that it rotates. The idea of putting a gripper that doesn't rotate on a green oversize redfish with a mouth full of trebles doesn't sound like much fun. I'll gladly pay the extra $$$.
To me, the idea of getting close enough to a green oversize redfish with a mouth full of trebles to stick something in his face (especially if I'm in the water) doesn't sound any more attractive with a Boga or Rapala than it does with a FishGrip or other non-rotating holder. That includes a hand lift. I'd rather have him a little more tired and docile before I attempt a closer interaction.

The other side of your argument is that I have had gyrating fish get a line hopelessly entangled around my Boga, where a non-rotating grip would have allowed me much more positive control over the fish.

Ass for every seat, I guess. Ain't American grand!
____

Native "Slayer Propel 13"
Native "Ultimate 12"
FrankC

Post by FrankC »

BigFlyReel, it is a trait of humans that whatever we favor just has to be the best choice. I will do battle with the horrible big toothy creature with either device and feel well armed.

Trebles!! Pull out the gaff on those creatures and keep your fingers clear. There are places a flying gaff is called for, but probably not from a kayak. I would just use a knife in that instance (to cut the line).

Truthfully though, the net comes into play for fish I plan to release which cannot be released in the water for some reason. Oh boy, did I just introduce another bone of contention :D
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Ummm....I'm pretty sure the horse is dead..... :?
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
FrankC

Post by FrankC »

Gee, Mark, just when I finished reloading :D
BigFlyReel
Supporter 2011 - 2013

Post by BigFlyReel »

Mark R wrote:Ummm....I'm pretty sure the horse is dead..... :?
Quoting Todd in another thread:
"You don't have to read any of them if you think they are that bad."
____

Native "Slayer Propel 13"
Native "Ultimate 12"
FrankC

Post by FrankC »

Got dressed for Church early and just sitting here when the devil came by and landed on my shoulder. He whispered over and over "show them the video".

He won, so here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYAGSkvmpGI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;