FWC - weekend follies and a bit more...UPDATE

Heywood

Re: FWC - weekend follies and a bit more...UPDATE

Post by Heywood »

Wasnt aware that I couldnt have an opinion on the subject.

If they did in fact retrace the path from Macdill to Simmons Park, then they motored right by the Idle Only Signs. Last time I checked, ignorance of the law was no excuse. At least if you told them that, you'd still get a ticket. That is, if you actually saw a FWC officer on the south shore.

In the future I'll just keep my opinions to myself.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Heywood wrote:In the future I'll just keep my opinions to myself.
Yeah, I was going to say something about your opinions, but, you know what they say about opinions. :lol:
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Rik

Post by Rik »

Heywood wrote:In the future I'll just keep my opinions to myself.
But not your fishing spots.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
floridalawdog

Re: FWC - weekend follies and a bit more...

Post by floridalawdog »

0119 wrote:Wow you guys are a mean bunch, makes me glad I hung up my badge. Truly though, nobody hates the cops more than me, I earned it though. Like everybody else in the up and coming generation, the 'adults' that are law enforcement officers now have no common sense...just like everybody. Just look at how 'adults' dress now or drive or talk..... Nobody can treat another person with dignity let alone someones property. They sure arent gonna give a crap about sea grass or a law. Even the lousey judges could give a crap about wildlife laws.
I find it hard to believe you ever had a "badge" to hang up, with your attitude towards police officers. You sound like an immature child who got caught doing something wrong. So, now you have an opinion on all police officers. I have been a cop for 15 years, so I assume I am considered an "adult" in law enfocement in your opinion. Hopefully, if we ever meet at a fishing tournament, you and I know ahead of time who we are. I am polite and cordial to everyone, and I think I would not want to be that way you, and then find out later that you "hate" me for my career that I do, and do well. I treat everyone with dignity, and respect, until they dont deserve it. I think you dont deserve dignity or respect.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

floridalawdog wrote:
0119 wrote:Wow you guys are a mean bunch, makes me glad I hung up my badge. Truly though, nobody hates the cops more than me, I earned it though. Like everybody else in the up and coming generation, the 'adults' that are law enforcement officers now have no common sense...just like everybody. Just look at how 'adults' dress now or drive or talk..... Nobody can treat another person with dignity let alone someones property. They sure arent gonna give a crap about sea grass or a law. Even the lousey judges could give a crap about wildlife laws.
I find it hard to believe you ever had a "badge" to hang up, with your attitude towards police officers. You sound like an immature child who got caught doing something wrong. So, now you have an opinion on all police officers. I have been a cop for 15 years, so I assume I am considered an "adult" in law enforcement in your opinion. Hopefully, if we ever meet at a fishing tournament, you and I know ahead of time who we are. I am polite and cordial to everyone, and I think I would not want to be that way you, and then find out later that you "hate" me for my career that I do, and do well. I treat everyone with dignity, and respect, until they dont deserve it. I think you dont deserve dignity or respect.
FLD, thank you for doing a tough, dangerous and it would seem thankless job! There's good and not so god people in every walk of life. I'm sure no-one on this board has ever made a mistake......certainly not myself! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Idle Speed

Post by Idle Speed »

0119 wrote:Wow you guys are a mean bunch, makes me glad I hung up my badge. Truly though, nobody hates the cops more than me, I earned it though.
Its been my experience in my 27 years in law enforcement that most bitter ex-cops who hung up their badges are really cops who were given the option to resign rather than be terminated. I've seen many cops come and go, for a vast variety of reasons, without any bitterness. Cops have left to pursue other careers or additional schooling or just found out that law enforcement wasn't for them, but they all left without becoming cops haters. I don't know what happened in your case, but to imply that law enforcement officers are no longer worth a damn after you left the ranks is childish and an insult to the many current and former law enforcement officers who are members of this site.
NarcSgt

Post by NarcSgt »

I have been an officer for 27 years also.

We do have our bad apples like every other profession. Most that decide to abuse their powers are quickly terminated or discilpined unlike most professions.

I also have prided myself in showing respect to all I come in contact with.

When I do hang up my badge in a few years, I will have been proud to have served the awesome folks of Tampa Bay. Just losing three of my friends has been the toughest situation in my career, I have struggled with staying on the job. After prayer, I will not allow evil to prevail in the matter and will continue on.

For the new officers that are of a different culture than me......they will also learn and become better. We should pray for their safety on a daily basis.

Respectfully submitted,

NarcSgt
Mohawk16

Post by Mohawk16 »

NarcSgt wrote:I have been an officer for 27 years also.

We do have our bad apples like every other profession. Most that decide to abuse their powers are quickly terminated or discilpined unlike most professions.

I also have prided myself in showing respect to all I come in contact with.

When I do hang up my badge in a few years, I will have been proud to have served the awesome folks of Tampa Bay. Just losing three of my friends has been the toughest situation in my career, I have struggled with staying on the job. After prayer, I will not allow evil to prevail in the matter and will continue on.

For the new officers that are of a different culture than me......they will also learn and become better. We should pray for their safety on a daily basis.

Respectfully submitted,

NarcSgt
Well said. Thanks to you and all of our law enforcement officers that put their lives on the line for us every day.
GOD BLESS AMERICA
USMC - VIETNAM VET
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

An eagles fan and a cop. Tell me you're a bait fisherman so we can call strike three! :cheers:
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
BryanS

Post by BryanS »

DaveR wrote:An eagles fan and a cop. Tell me you're a bait fisherman so we can call strike three! :cheers:
Eagles fan is three strikes for me!

I love that the Bucs blew up the Vet and opened up the Linc in style!!
When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I’m beginning to believe it.
—Clarence Darrow