Trolling Motors in Ft. D Bayou

FrankC

Trolling Motors in Ft. D Bayou

Post by FrankC »

Are trolling motors legal for the no motor zone at Ft. D?

I had a heck of a childhood and broke a few bones. The nozzles in my neck where the nerves come out are closing up and giving my arms fits. I was told that if I lived long enough, I might lose the use of the arms, and I guess I am getting as old as DaveR thinks now.

Don't know what the story will be come summer, but I don't want to give up my kayaks. I still have a Big Game, and maybe fitting it with an electric motor will buy me some time.
The doctor knows I decline pain pills most of the time, but I was ready to beg for a prescription this time.

Any way, would I be legal in the Bayou and near Shell Island?
Mark R

Re: Trolling Motors in Ft. D Bayou

Post by Mark R »

So far, Yes! It it can get you out there, go fer it!
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
rocrfella

Post by rocrfella »

No motor means gas motor. Trolling should be fine.
FrankC

Post by FrankC »

Thank you, Rocrfella. Looks like two channels in my neck are closing on the nerves which pass through them which is causing the problem. The muscles are fine, and I may be able to paddle as normal if the pain allows it, but a plan two never hurt a fellow.
Urban Legend II

Post by Urban Legend II »

Frank,

Are you currently in Pooler? If so, just curious to know if you also fish up here in GA. I'm down the road off of 17. I thought I was te only one addicted enough to drive all the way to Tampa to fish.
Hobie Pro Angler 14

"Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job"
FrankC

Post by FrankC »

Hey there. Yes, we are in Pooler, but we don't kayak fish up here due to the tides and available put ins. That could change if we are forced to put a motor on one of the kayaks.

St. Pete is home away from home for us, so we go down whenever we get a chance to enjoy the flats. We have met some super people there. You would also enjoy the Titusville area.