April Options

West Palm to Jacksonville
Keith B

April Options

Post by Keith B »

I will be in the South East part of Florida the first week in April. What options will there be for fishing and what might be a good place to go, from Titusville to Coral Springs?
I will be bringing the kayak.
Thanks guys
Keith
IRLyRiser

Re: April Options

Post by IRLyRiser »

Mosquito Lagoon, NMZ, Indian River. Where are you staying? There is a ton of fishing around here.
Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Not really sure. It may depend on the best fishing spot. I know we will be in coral springs one day.
Thanks
UrbanLegend

Post by UrbanLegend »

River Palm cottages is a great place to stay. Caught my personal best trout of their dock in 20 mph wind. Excellent beach to launch a kayak as well. VERY nice set-up. That may be an option.
Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Thanks for the info guys.
It looks more and more like I will be heading down the East Coast in three weeks before heading into Flamingo. I am looking for a one day (maybe half day) fishing excursion, before I head on to my friend's house in Coral Springs. Would Canavaral be a good spot to stop get a few hours sleep then fish a few hours before loading up and continuing the trip?
Devodud

Post by Devodud »

There is lots of fishing around canaveral, what kind of fishing to you want to do (Flats/Offshore)?
If you're gunna be stupid, you gotta be tough!!
Keith B

Post by Keith B »

I will be in a kayak, so I am guessing I will have to stay near the shore. we will be fly fishing but will have the spin gear too. Thanks
Devodud

Post by Devodud »

There is great fishing at that time in the Merrit Island NWR. If you don't mind a little surf you could even go off of the beach. The No Motor Zone is fun if you don't mind a long paddle (can be accessed from KARS park for a $5 fee). Look at the destinations page on the forum and try some of those spots (Biolab, Beacon 42, and Peacocks Pockets are my favorites). good luck.
If you're gunna be stupid, you gotta be tough!!
Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Thanks for that tip. I will check out that section now. :salute: