A bit more seasonal

Flamingo to Big Bend
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

A bit more seasonal

Post by DaveR »

A day off tomorrow and the temps promise to be a bit more comfortable. Redfish here I come!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
overtheedge86

Re: A bit more seasonal

Post by overtheedge86 »

Bring the fly rod! I've been trying since October to get my first red on fly, hopefully before you do :wink:
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

Don't go spooking all my Reds I plan on hitting the water on Sat.
0 0 1
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

If I load the 8wt into the family truckster the winds will instantly rise to double digit speeds!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
FLfishchaser

Post by FLfishchaser »

Good luck.
overtheedge86

Post by overtheedge86 »

DaveR wrote:If I load the 8wt into the family truckster the winds will instantly rise to double digit speeds!
The three times since oct. i didn't bring the fly rod, I found reds stacked up in a hole. :x
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Ya shamed me into bringing the fly rod and true to form the wind never quit. The reds stayed fairly deep as the temps and wind never gave them a good reason to move from the warmer deep water I guess. Probably could have got em with a sinking line but I want my first one to be sight fished. Gibby and I caught a boat load of trout and small reds. No trophies today I'm afraid but a good day given the wind and cooler than expected temps.

"SANCTUARY!!!"

bigguy

Post by bigguy »

I went to wedon island today, with a dozen shrimp. Fished of the pier for about 45 minutes and caught abotu 6 trout and a small red. But i saw no wind. Wish i would of got out on the water, but there were other priorities. Sigh :cry: