A day with two old freinds

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
Hank

A day with two old freinds

Post by Hank »

Finally it all came together.
The weather and the timing allowed a long awaited specking trip with a life long friend and a canoe that has a long long history of guiding me to where the fish are.
I hopped outta bed at 4am and made the trip to Poke county after a quick stop at the local dunking donut shop for much needed caffein, I hit I-75 and the journey began.
When I got to Trey's house he had the truck loaded and off we went.
Stopped and picked up a 1/4 lb of minnows and next stop, the lake.
Went to the usual spot and set up our drift, two small throw backs and 1 1/2 hours later we decided to move. So we did.
About 50 yds farther down we set up our drift and bingo bango, game on.
All three of my corks disappeared and Trey said here let me help ya. Well his corks disappeared too, so it was a chinese fire drill for a while. ( no disrespect to folks of asian descent meant )
We wound up the day with 42 specs and one giant blue gill.
Back home in Tampa eating fresh fried specs while I watched the Tide roll and some gator fans get their feelings hurt.
Yep two different games, I am a freak for sec football except when it's specking time.
Thanks Trey, for a day this old man will remember for a long time. My insides still hurt from all the laughter.
Folks grab some cane poles, a bucket of minnows or a hand full of jigs and get those youngsters out there, The Speck bite is on fire.

Gear used; cane poles, minnows and a drift bucket. How simple is that. Oh yeah and a 1980 Old Town canoe. See Ican keep stuff and not sell it. :cheers: