Hillsborough River 9/27

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
catfish308

Hillsborough River 9/27

Post by catfish308 »

Decided to hit the river today to try out my new to me kayak. Put in at Trout Creek and tried some top water but didn't get any takers. Moved on to a June Bug worm and picked up a mudfish and this small guy:

Switched to a Rebel cricket because the bream kept stealing the tails from my worms. Picked up some stumpknockers and one small bass. Didn't get any more bites on the worm or cricket so decided to fish my way back and try finesse fishing, something I've never done. Started throwing a zoom finesse worm in watermelon and it's like someone turned the switch on. Picked up eight on the way back to the landing.

Eric
When you need it and don't have it...you sing a different tune.
IntimiGator

Re: Hillsborough River 9/27

Post by IntimiGator »

Nice. I'm gonna install one of those switches on my ride.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Where is Trout Creek?
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
catfish308

Post by catfish308 »

Todd wrote:Where is Trout Creek?
Just off the Fletcher/Morris Bridge Road exit on 75. Go east on Morris Bridge Road and it's about a 1/2 mile on the left. It's a nice remote part of the river. No houses like there are further down the river.

There's a two dollar parking fee. All you do is put the money in an envelope and hang a tag in your vehicle. So be sure to have exactly $2 unless you want to pay more.
When you need it and don't have it...you sing a different tune.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Very nice!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
BlueTuna

Post by BlueTuna »

Again another good fishing spot within an urban area. I fish the Hillsborough near Temple Terrace from time-to-time and have caught a lot of bass off and around the docks in that area. See you out there on day!
"There's no such word as can't" - Dad
David