What's up?

TerryW

Re: What's up?

Post by TerryW »

I happen to like seeing photos with a report. Make it more real (except for the doctored backgrounds and fake fish)
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
Wuluf

Post by Wuluf »

I will make a point to throw out comments on photo posts instead of just "lurking". It's the least I can do!
Wuluf
casteryaker

Post by casteryaker »

Wuluf, No fish is safe. Personally i'd get a kick out of a carp fishing report. Used to fish for them in the UK. with there was the option to do so here. Its a far cry from kayak fishing but I enjoy the technicality of it. It is definitely about coming up with the best rig, best presentaqtion, and patience. Lets see some big goldfish! Post in the "other areas" section
CapnBry

Post by CapnBry »

I don't jump up and down but I like reading the reports and seeing some pictures if there's some good detail. I'm just getting into kayak fishing [naked] and I'd still be fishing chunks of bread on a hook off the dock if it wasn't for the reports and tips.
Offlander

Post by Offlander »

I am with the IntimiGator about Grammar!!! Personally i Fish better than i Spell, i type with one finger........I think we need a new 'Fishing Trips only' topic area with cropped photos of the landscape. Also lots of photos of the Days Catch and post only the 'Best of the Best' such as a special redfish with lots of spots or a 3 X L Red, Trout, or the smallest fish on hook would, I think, be interesting.Thats my point of View......

How do we find the fishing reports on Facebook?

Less than 1% are hole jumpers and Thats why you get creative when you crop your photos.

Also I would like to know what type of bait used to catch your fish. Gold Spoon,DOA Shrimp. It was my understanding that I could become more informed as to methods, equipment and other items which are associated more with paddle fishing as it is a NEW style of fishing for me and I want to learn all I can from the combined experience of the paddle fishing forum.

For instance, when I first was fishing the North Venice jetty, I found quite a few well experienced and ,at first, quite 'tight-lipped' fishermen there. They were not all that willing to share their expertise until they determined that I was indeed serious about learning the necessary techniques that were particular to that style and location of fishing. I am now equally (or even more so) interested in learning all I can regarding paddle fishing. You just never can stop learning about fishing as there are so very many options available, especially here in Florida.

I did have surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff (right arm, of course!) on Wednesday, the 22nd. So for now (& up to 6 months) I will have to live and learn through your fishing reports and will be soaking up all the info I can get till I am no longer fishing-challenged!!
Thanks, Alan

By the way, I don't use spell-check, I prefer spell-wife (for grammatical errors also BUT not too technical).
Alan

Sherman said
"War is cruelty... the crueler it is, the sooner it will be over."

'Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter - don't mind.. and those that mind - don't matter.'

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
IntimiGator

Post by IntimiGator »

Thanks Alan,
I'm still a newB :babycrawl: and feel that I am a better angler than I was a year ago. I have made a few friends along the way
because of the fishing information I have been able to absorb/contribute my limited experience from/for this site.

Paddle fishing rocks! Maybe I'll try the nekked style with my future reports so as to provoke or "intimigate" a reply or two.
J/K :pukeleft:
pbr

Post by pbr »

I think it is all good, the more the better, big, exceptional, fish or not. I am not afraid to devulge any information, because that is what this sight is about. Hole jumping isnt a concern to me, there is no guarantee the fish will be there tomorrow, and that has been proven time and time again. Unless your doing it for a living, its supposed to be about fun, and the chase and the unknown is a big part of it. Enjoy the process. :thumbleft:
Wuluf

Post by Wuluf »

A carp report will be on the way! I have tied 25 flies since the last time I wet a line. Probably will hit a lake Saturday.
Wuluf
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

pbr wrote:Hole jumping isnt a concern to me, there is no guarantee the fish will be there tomorrow, and that has been proven time and time again.
Ignorance is bliss. I haven't posted much cause I just haven't been out much. The weather is cooling and king/tarpon/grouper/spanish season is so close I can taste it. Gonna try Monday if the winds are right and if there's a catch worth noting I'll post. locations? Not on your life. I've been burned and ya don't get invited along by folks if you post where you're fishing with them for all the world to see. Spelling isn't and never has been an issue. It's the cyberspeak noncapitalization the irks me as it's more difficult to read.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

C u mon dave :lol:
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Offlander

Post by Offlander »

The only way i post pixs if its my hole or if my host OKs the photos, its the right thing to do. Plus i know how to crop.
Alan

Sherman said
"War is cruelty... the crueler it is, the sooner it will be over."

'Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that matter - don't mind.. and those that mind - don't matter.'

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

I, damn it.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Blindmullet

Post by Blindmullet »

TerryW wrote:Some of us now do our fishing reports on Facebook.
Some of us don't fish as often as we used to.
Others don't catch like they once did.
And others got weary of hole jumpers.

take your pick.

Well said!
Team Pro Bass "Fishing Legendz"