Kissimmee 8/28

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
jslager

Kissimmee 8/28

Post by jslager »

What a day. I was heading out to meet a guy who was interested in buying my Kayak but we were not meeting until 10am so I decided to Head out at sunrise and fish the lake I was meeting him at. I have had a rough August of fishing like a lot of others, I'm sure.

This lake has lots of reeds/pads so I break out the trusty Spro Bronzeye and I get a few small blowups as I drift my first shoreline. Then at the end of my drift I'm working the frog through the pads and I see this fish cause a wake as it shoots toward the Frog. It was the first time I have gotten a fish decent enough to pull out my measuring board and get some pics to submit for a challenge. I'm sure I looked rediculous trying to get a picture taken. I have had such a bad month of fishing I didn't even turn the video camera on.

So, I turn on the video camera and continue fishing to see what else is hiding in the lily pads. I thought the 2nd one I got on video was an absolute monster until I figured out he got himself down into the pads. the 3rd inhaled my worm and was bleeding a bit. I had to cut the line as short as I could but she seemed strong when she swam off.

So the guy from Orlando and his buddy show up right at 10am so I paddle over let them both paddle the kayak around and he says he wants it. He gives me the cash I help him load it up on his SUV. I stop by BassNFlash's place on the way home as he has graciously offered me his spare X-Factor to use until my new Commander 140 shows up!
Sawyer Paddles and Oars
Devodud

Re: Kissimmee 8/28

Post by Devodud »

How long is the one on the measuring board, i can't tell from the pic?
If you're gunna be stupid, you gotta be tough!!
jslager

Re: Kissimmee 8/28

Post by jslager »

Devodud wrote:How long is the one on the measuring board, i can't tell from the pic?
19". it was the biggest of the 3 nice bass i caught
Sawyer Paddles and Oars