nasty canal tarpon

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
bonefishwhisperer

nasty canal tarpon

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

water was nasty and foul....gates opened while I was there...fished between trash and manatees...had to run home to change clothes after 2 stinky baby tarpon...

Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Re: nasty canal tarpon

Post by ChrisR »

That doen't look like the Dread, or the Speed Dart.
bonefishwhisperer

busted!!! all true sadly...I have been waiting for well over 1 month for materials to come so I am OUT of dreads except for 3 heavy ones...I took my last 15 to the flyshop a few days ago...this is merely 4 purple schlappin feathers tied on a hook...works as good as any fly ever made..takes about 1.5 minutes to tie
Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
bonefishwhisperer

today it was ratboy and me raging on canal tarpon in the full moon backwash...he really helped out when taking pictures and landing the fish :?: :?: :?:

kreidel

Post by kreidel »

Nice pic of that tarpon BFW, I like it.
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

Maybe nasty but still a tarpon... and much better than driving to whorelando and back.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

That last pic. rocks! Verrry cool!
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
bonefishwhisperer

thanks...it was a accident...not really a action shot because I am standing in the water holding the tippet by hand...the fish is landed already and DNA sample taken...the flash plus suckboy attacking at that moment made the fish freak which was suppose to be a nice shot of it laying out with multiple colors on each scale etc...thats why I take him fishing with me :scratch:
bonefishwhisperer

I will predict another great victory tomorrow on the canal...gaining energy to tie some flys...I have adopted a new fly into my resume after extensive secret field testing...soon to be unveiled to the public - the Whispering Bamboozler
bonefishwhisperer

no victory for me but instead 5 battles lost :blackeye:
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

A day of rest for me, Bimini Boatyard for a bug Brunch with the rich and famous. Came home cut the grass and washed the dog..
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~