just the tip

smcdonnell

just the tip

Post by smcdonnell »

does anyone do any rod repairing? some how about an inch of the tip of my rod broke yesterday and rather than just trashing it, i would like to look into getting it repaired. please feel free to respond or pm. thanks!
noles

Re: just the tip

Post by noles »

If it's just an inch, just put on a new tip. If the rod has a warranty, send it back.
"whose that little motherf***er with the fly rod"
Rik

Post by Rik »

If it is just the tip, you can go buy a repair kit for it. Tip guides aren't wrapped so it is an easy DIY job. They come with various size tip guides that you just glue on.

Another thing to try is heating up the broken tip to remove the rod part from the guide. If you can get it off, it may fit right back on.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
smcdonnell

Post by smcdonnell »

it is the guide plus about an inch of rod. if i were to take the guide off the broken tip and just place it on the rod, how would it affect the rod? thanks for the help already!
noles

Post by noles »

smcdonnell wrote:it is the guide plus about an inch of rod. if i were to take the guide off the broken tip and just place it on the rod, how would it affect the rod? thanks for the help already!
For that short of a break, you're not going to notice anything different.
"whose that little motherf***er with the fly rod"
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

For that short of a break, you're not going to notice anything different.
And Noles knows short !
0 0 1