Good marinade

DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Good marinade

Post by DaveR »

I never fish much for trout as their typical fight pales in comparison to reds and snook but I wanted a little something for the grill and have had enough chicken lately. Now most fish are good fried but that turns a fish dinner into a steak dinner as soon as you bathe em in fat. I'm eating a little differently lately so that was out. Off to a local trout hole to see if they might fit the bill. After losing about 20 bucks worth of tackle to the spanish I had 3 trout just under 20"s to take home.
A coworker picked up a bottle of marinade that she used while living in upstate NY for me and said I had to give it a try so I thought the trout would be good candidates. Skinned and filleted they went into the marinade about an hour before grilling. I did some chicken too for my wife who isn't a real fish fan. Both turned out very well. A sad day for the trout population but a good day for Salamida's stock! Give it a try if you see it on the shelf.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Mark R

Re: Good marinade

Post by Mark R »

Like the name. Any idea if anyone carries it round here?
http://www.spiedie.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Website say's Wal Mart carries it! :shock:
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Recipe? :drunken:
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

marinate-grill
Tonight fish tacos with the left over trouts. Trout, poppy seed slaw, roasted garlic salsa.all tucked away in a tortilla.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Sounds good!
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

NPDH!
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?