HUGE TAILS....small size

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
bonefishwhisperer

HUGE TAILS....small size

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

my customer didnt want to fish again today...the heat has taken its toll plus he has no faith...I went anyway since I was not sleeping well from my 1am dentist appointment...the bottom fell out like the good old days...I seen well over 100 bones tailing everywhere...they looked good size but it was deceiving...after my 1st one I noticed how huge the tails were but the fish were small, maybe 5lbs at best but the tail of 8lb'r...made for a good fight but next time I will use my trusty 6wt...having a hard time with pictures still from the kayak but the water was deep...took fin clip and shot off 2nd cast and another $$$$ shot...again a Bahamas size bone but what can I say? the bite was gone by 8am

Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
skinnywater

Re: HUGE TAILS....small size

Post by skinnywater »

That first picture is phenomenal

Good job on the bones, looks like the client missed out.
Kevin

"Am I missing and eyebrow?" - Adam Savage
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

Those tails do look out of proportion for the fish.
0 0 1
jimmieb

Post by jimmieb »

love that 1st photo to me its almost 3D :thumbright:
Tex@MIA

Post by Tex@MIA »

Last edited by Tex@MIA on Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bonefishwhisperer

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

good luck with that...I only have 3 myself...the rest are wading and canoe...I have only been kayak fishing 4 months or so...to give you a idea of what it took for me you can use this timetable- 1st full yr of bonefishing I landed 3 bones and I was totally happy with that...luckily my very 1st one was 35" and just under 15lbs I figure...it made the Florida Fishing Report on TV...I was fishing off a ladder...very effective way to fish...Matheson is where you need to put in your apprenticeship IMO...its where I learned and I fished no other spot for 2 solid yrs and waded only...there is no better place in all Miami for bones than Matheson for my $$$$..this is a fact that nobody wants to believe...
Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....