Shark in or around Tampa Bay

Flamingo to Big Bend
justabucup

Re: Shark in or around Tampa Bay

Post by justabucup »

Rik wrote:I was wading with a buddy one morning in northern Sarasota Bay just as the sun was peeking over the horizon. I was walking towards where he was standing in waist deep water when about 25 small fish tried to climb up on his shoulders. Then a 6 foot shark ran into him. Just swam right into him. Made him jump which spooked the shark big time. The shark did a big flip to turn around and run which soaked my buddy.

We spent the rest of the morning drifting deeper flats fishing from the boat....
I at first thought this was going to be a story from Rik on how to do the stingray shuffle.
Credo quia absurdum
Rik

Post by Rik »

You do the stringray shuffle until you get hit. After that, you do the wading boot trench digging.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
The Below Average Angler

Post by The Below Average Angler »

Shuffle Shmuffle.........................I don't EVER want to go through that again. That wound haunted me for a good 6 months. No need to get out of the boat.
Jason
Rik

Post by Rik »

The Below Average Angler wrote:Shuffle Shmuffle.........................I don't EVER want to go through that again.
I agree. I used to wade for hours without a care. Rarely ever thought about sting rays. Now, they are constantly on my mind when wading. Every step is suspect.

btw, if someone could figure out how to bottle that stuff in their spine, you could get rich selling it on street corners. I soldiered on after getting hit as it was my out of state brother's only day to fish while in town. I got hit 2 minutes after getting out of the boat at the first spot of the day. Didn't want to go in and ruin his day. For the next 6 hours, I was floating in a psychedelic haze that only helped a little bit in removing the pain.....
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
casteryaker

Post by casteryaker »

would somebody mind filling me in on "the clam bar"? sorry im still very much a noob!
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

casteryaker wrote:would somebody mind filling me in on "the clam bar"? sorry im still very much a noob!
http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtop ... 47&t=17906" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Devodud

Post by Devodud »

I figured out long ago that if somebody on here directs you to a spot by its "name", just go look in the "destinations" topics and there will be excellent directions on how to get there and how to fish it.
If you're gunna be stupid, you gotta be tough!!
casteryaker

Post by casteryaker »

thanks!
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

Rik wrote:
The Below Average Angler wrote:Shuffle Shmuffle.........................I don't EVER want to go through that again.
I agree. I used to wade for hours without a care. Rarely ever thought about sting rays. Now, they are constantly on my mind when wading. Every step is suspect.

btw, if someone could figure out how to bottle that stuff in their spine, you could get rich selling it on street corners. I soldiered on after getting hit as it was my out of state brother's only day to fish while in town. I got hit 2 minutes after getting out of the boat at the first spot of the day. Didn't want to go in and ruin his day. For the next 6 hours, I was floating in a psychedelic haze that only helped a little bit in removing the pain.....
You had lots of "friends" there offering to piss on you to relieve you of the pain.
Credo quia absurdum
Ray H

Post by Ray H »

The sharks bypass this area - it's uncanny, I tell ya. Go either sot or farder sot. They hang with the tarpon at Turtle Beach alot, though. That's an easy launch, too.
Roughing it smoothly