1st kayak fish

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
bonefishwhisperer

1st kayak fish

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

yay...1st fish from kayak...also 1st poon of 2010...8wt and 10lb class tippet with 8" of 20lb bite...of course the electric dread sealed the deal with true impaling power, 1 strip and hooked until I say so...sweet...only 5 months behind schedule now...

Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
1okbyme2

Re: 1st kayak fish

Post by 1okbyme2 »

:cool:
"They paved paradise and put up a parking lot" Joni Mitchell
bluebill

Post by bluebill »

How are you liking that kayak?
Be thankful for every day and especially those fine days on the water
bonefishwhisperer

its my favorite...all I need is some fish to catch...totally dialed in now and casting both off the front and back equally
Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
Evan

Post by Evan »

Nice fish! Hopefully that's a sign of good things to come.

I'm curious, though - did you see that tarpon while hunting for other species, and just happen to catch it on that setup, or did you specifically target that fish with 20# bite tippet and a Dread? Either way, I'm surprised...
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
bonefishwhisperer

dont be surprised...just like my signature says, its in the bible...I fully expected to find them and they were there...the tides were perfect and the water was glass...I tried like hell on my 10wt with speed dart but they wouldnt touch it...I then grabbed the 8wt and put on a short piece of 20lb on purpose...the dread has never let me down for tarpon..people talk about this fly and that fly for tarpon, I can only laugh...the dread has 100% hookup ratio and has NEVER been rejected by a tarpon...I dont chase huge ones but if a huge one ever shows his ass you can bet I will be all over it like "duck" on a junebug...when are you coming to fish Evan? I will show you huge reds but only if you want to
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

How do you like using that pushpole ? Found a new one while doing a shore clean up. Was wodering if it was too big for the yak ?
0 0 1
bonefishwhisperer

I would not even fish without it...it is much more important than the paddle...great luck to find one, you must be living right...this one is 14'9"...it is optimal for my fishing...I have 13' as well...if anything I would like to try a 16ft but that begin to lead to issues of taking it in traffic the way I do...what pushpole did you find? what is it made of?