Where to find a good deal on a Native Ultimate 14.5???

If you use one that is listed, please add a review. If a kayak or canoe that you would like to give a review of is not listed, please add it. This is also where you can show off your boat.
99trufish

Where to find a good deal on a Native Ultimate 14.5???

Post by 99trufish »

New or slighty used? Need somthing bigger/better/dryer than my 12.5 Perception Caster. Any ideas? Or suggestions on other kayaks of the same quality or better? I am a bigger guy, 6'2" 270 lbs. Tired of the swamp a-- everytime out. Need some advice. Thanks
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Re: Where to find a good deal on a Native Ultimate 14.5???

Post by ChrisR »

I heard a rumor that Flint Creek Outfitters in Riverview has a demo solo 14.5 in olive that they are selling.
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

For a used 14.5. All I can say is read the forums many times everyday. When a used 14.5 comes up for sale its gone pretty quick and you will have jerks :tongue: trying to outbid you very quickly.

Have your money ready.
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

ChrisR wrote:I heard a rumor that Flint Creek Outfitters in Riverview has a demo solo 14.5 in olive that they are selling.
I just checked Flint Creek....they do have a demo 14.4 solo for $1000.00.....boat looks pretty scratched up on the bottom.....14.5 solo only gives you 1 seat my guestamation it is worth $850-$900 tops..........they continue to price themselves out of the market........
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Evan

Post by Evan »

Check all the different FL Craigslists every single day. I did so for a couple months before finally finding one for $800. Even then, I had to call and beg the seller to let me come look at it a day earlier than everyone else, and then she forgot I was coming and I had to sleep in her driveway for a couple of hours (she had no cell phone) until she finally returned from errands. Long story short, if you want a cheap Native, you're going to have to earn it. :study:
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
Rik

Post by Rik »

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/boa/1698115706.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Native 12
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
99trufish

Post by 99trufish »

Thanks for the heads up on the one in Titusville. 2 guys ahead of me, hope they are broke. I will keep looking. Next to the Native Ultimate 14.5 what is the next driest kayak. I don't mind the summer water, but winter can get chilly and oily this coming winter.
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

I have a Malibu Extreme I would sell for $600 with just the seat. Great big guy kayak. I just do not have the room to store it. I need something 14.5 or less. The Extreme is 15'.
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
captfred

Post by captfred »

FYI-
the "guy in Titusville" sold the boat sometime btwn 8:30 last night and 6:00 a.m. this morning when I contacted him again. Fortunately, I called him 30 miles into the drive to buy the boat he promised to hold. Oh, well...