Kendall - Miami/Dade

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
bluebill

Kendall - Miami/Dade

Post by bluebill »

I was only able to spend a couple of hours each of Sat, Sun and Mon searching for Peacocks in Miami. Since time was short, I stayed with the Kendall area lakes where I have found Peacocks in previous years.

I saw very few peacocks in walking likely 100s of yards of shorelines of acessible lakes. Surface was choppy most of the time so they were hard to spot. Say many Mayans acting like they were spawning.

Finally found a group of fish in a small area and caught six Peacocks on small crappy sized jigs Sunday afternoon when the lake surface was smooth and I could sight cast.

Went back Monday morning and broke one off and landed one on a self tied Schminnow fly with white flash chenille body with chartrues tail.

I did not have time to fish any of the canals. I plan to go back in July to catch the bigger.
fish. Here are a few photos.

IMG]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff12 ... MG2406.jpg[/IMG]

I saw quite a few really big grass carp but I did not have my salad fly to offer them
Be thankful for every day and especially those fine days on the water
islander

Re: Kendall - Miami/Dade

Post by islander »

Cool!
www.lemonbayconservancy.org
bonefishwhisperer

Re: Kendall - Miami/Dade

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

they are tough to find right now for me as well....not enough water...need rain and for the gates to stay closed
Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....