holographic wraps and rod dryer info

brokenarrowjbe

holographic wraps and rod dryer info

Post by brokenarrowjbe »

Any one try this? http://www.rodbuilding.org/library/Tigerholo.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by brokenarrowjbe on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
TampaJim

Re: holographic wraps

Post by TampaJim »

Tiger wraps might just be the easiest way to "jazz" up a rod ... if you like the effect. The biggest thing to remember - work the thread well to attain a pattern.
noles

Post by noles »

Here's one I did on a customer's rod...
"whose that little motherf***er with the fly rod"
fishmaster892

Post by fishmaster892 »

I'm just getting into rod building but those feather inlays look SWEET!!!! I really wanna try that
Emotion Grand Slam Angler
brokenarrowjbe

Post by brokenarrowjbe »

Noles, I have a SCIIW blank in a dark green color, looking for a "green" themed rod. Going to try split grips with marbling or the tiger eye (holographic) wrap. Thinking of using the metalic flake epoxy to cover the guide feet. Got any hints? Also need to make a rod dryer, going to make a stand for an old cordless drill that turns but is not much good at driving screws. Should I put the effort into making one with fancy little wheels or just go with a V vut and felt coating for the supports? Thanks, John
noles

Re: holographic wraps and rod dryer info

Post by noles »

"whose that little motherf***er with the fly rod"
TampaJim

Re: holographic wraps and rod dryer info

Post by TampaJim »

Just a note. Your epoxy will actually come out better if you don't use a dryer ... turn it by hand, adding to the time interval during the process. The ONLY reason I have a large wall unit is for repairs and the occasional production run.

Doing it by hand isn't nearly as daunting as it may seem AND your results will be nothing short of spectacular in comparison.