I quit....

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
bonefishwhisperer

I quit....

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

I will quit posting peacocks for a while to let them rest...today you get only 2 shots of nice ones and a pic of the smallest...caught way too many to even keep track but nothing lifechanging...I will suffer again on the flats for a few days...

Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
mudfish

Re: I quit....

Post by mudfish »

Pretty suckers aren't they. How do they taste?
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
Rik

Post by Rik »

In the canals where he's catching those, I doubt you'd want to eat them regardless of how they tasted.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

I would not eat any fresh water fish any where South of Lake O', and I'd carefully select any inland/inshore salt water species for the table.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
Evan

Post by Evan »

Second photo is incredible! I've never caught a Peacock even half that big. Really good to see that some of the big'uns survived the cold...
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
bonefishwhisperer

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

even though the water is crystal clear in this canal up to 20ft deep if I had to drink it to survive I would seriously consider just dying instead because you probably will anyway...lots of grocery carts to dodge since there is a mall right there and plenty of slackjaw locals with worm and lures, some with just weighted treble hooks
Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....