Ft D reds on fire

Flamingo to Big Bend
skinnywater

Ft D reds on fire

Post by skinnywater »

W hit the water at the crack of 9, launched from the side of the road about a quarter mile North of the official kayak launch. The tide was a little wierd today, not really moving all morning and the high didn't happen until 3 o'clock. Anywho, we sat around waiting impatiently until 1:30, and someone rung the dinner bell. For the next hour, it was non- stop fish. I had 6 or 7 reds between 16 to 22 inches, and Chrissy had at least a dozen of the same. She also hooked up with a big snook, but it cut the line after a couple of minutes on 8lb mono. We never saw the whole fish, but the flash I caught it was at least 6 inches high juct behind the front fins. At 2:30, the wind picked up and the bite shut down.

We didn't see any bait other than fry and big mullet.
Kevin

"Am I missing and eyebrow?" - Adam Savage
Heywood

Re: Ft D reds on fire

Post by Heywood »

What? No catfish for the catfish queen?
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
skinnywater

Post by skinnywater »

Heywood wrote:What? No catfish for the catfish queen?
:lol: Nope, not a one. We did see a lot of sheepheads at the edges of the deeper holes, but no takers. The funny thing about the redfish were that they were in 3'-6' of water or under the mangroves.
Kevin

IntimiGator

Post by IntimiGator »

That's awesome news about the reds finally moving. Congrats on the good day of fishing fun.
DRock

Post by DRock »

Sounds like a great day on the water for you two. It seems like she catches more than you, or is it just me!!! Did you guys catch those on shrimp? Thanks, and great to hear the reds are hungry.
Derick
Tan W.S. Ride 135
skinnywater

Post by skinnywater »

DRock wrote:Sounds like a great day on the water for you two. It seems like she catches more than you, or is it just me!!! Did you guys catch those on shrimp? Thanks, and great to hear the reds are hungry.
Yes she does catch more than me :oops: , but my excuse is somebody's gotta bait her hook. We were using hand picked shrimp.
Kevin

americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

Somebody must have watched that Average Angler episode a couple of weeks ago and saw where all the reds were biting. Nice work.
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'