First Time to Double Branch

Flamingo to Big Bend
Rik

Re: First Time to Double Branch

Post by Rik »

Is this Double Branch place a restaurant?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Sounds more like a meat market.
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
snooker56

Post by snooker56 »

Vlap wrote:Your description sounds more like a prosciutto. This is sliced to form the long ovals you mention. Most pancetta is rolled and sliced resulting in the small rounds you did not want.

Just wondering. They are similar products.
No, panchetta can be gotten that way. Proscuitto is ham.
"Bugman" Tom

Heritage Redfish 14
Chevy Silverado
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

and what do you classify panchetta as? and by similar I mean by curing methods and general lack of smoking.

Prosciutto may use the same cut of pork as ham but bears little resemblance to ham in the cure and is not smoked.

Typically panchetta is a belly, cured once again, but bears little resemblance to bacon which is also made from the belly and typically is not smoked, although some do.

What brand are you buying? I have never seen panchetta sold in oval strips. I do not claim to know everything though.
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
snooker56

Post by snooker56 »

Meat market. Special cut. Pancetta comes out nice and crisp...Like bacon. As a matter of fact, in a pancetta wrapped pork roast recipe I use (this one's not mine) you can substitute bacon in a pinch. Gotta go stir the spaghetti and meatballs.
"Bugman" Tom

Heritage Redfish 14
Chevy Silverado
bigmackattack

Post by bigmackattack »

Hey snooker. I was their on Sunday. Lots of ladies (fish), but alas the trout and reds were in hiding. If you ever want a fishing partner, i am not to far away, i usually get out on Sundays, but on the rare occasion i get a week day off and the weather gods smile on me, i try to get out when everyone is at work.

good report, thats the kind of info the skyway forum used to produce. Nice to find a place to share my kayaking experiences though, and i hope to meet a bunch of you real soon.

-Jason
DRock

Post by DRock »

Great report, Tom!! Glad to hear you gave DB a try. It is great to get there and coast out with the outgoing so you can cast some, but you do have to steer from time to time. It does take at least thirty minutes to coast out, but if you just paddle with the current it could be done faster, but why not fish along the way!!

Proscuitto is great to wrap pork chops with by the way (consult your cardiologist as I can't imagine its too good for you). I might try it on fish someday too!!
Derick
Tan W.S. Ride 135