just moved here

yaksailor

just moved here

Post by yaksailor »

Was born and raised here in Tampa Bay but have spent over 22 years in the military serving our country. Finding out that everything has changed. Now I'm back here in Palm Harbor. Just bought an Ultimate 14 solo and would love to meet someone who can show me the best kayaking fishing haunts in the area, school me on the aspects of kayak safety, paddling, everything....Any takers? Thanks
Casey US Navy Ret.
Heritage Redfish 12
Hobie Revolution 13.5
Shep

Post by Shep »

Congrats on retiring. Only have about 6 years left myself.
New place, new fishing adventures.
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=31059&st

Post by Norm »

Welcome home, and thank you for your service :!: 8)

Just hang around awhile, and watch for people to post when they are going. I think most are waiting for some warmer temps to arrive and that might be the middle of next week :roll:
In the meantime...that is one very nice boat you got. I commend you for your wise choice. As a Native Ultimate 14.5 owner myself...you will not be dissappointed.
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
glockin40

Post by glockin40 »

Welcome home and thank you for your service. I too am new at kayak fishing. I am a little far south from you but do look forward to getting together in the future sometime. Good luck with your new kayak.
1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)
13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
Rik

Post by Rik »

Casey and Glock

Come out and play. You'll meet many

http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=30975
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

Welcome back and thank you for your service to our country.

I have some spare time on my hands and I will be trying to get out when it warms up again with anyone who wants to join.
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
shallow pockets

Post by shallow pockets »

Thanks for your service.
Jackson Kayak Pro Staff
yaksailor

Post by yaksailor »

Thanks everyone this means alot....PM me and weather permitting we can head out
Casey US Navy Ret.
Heritage Redfish 12
Hobie Revolution 13.5
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

Welcome home, too cold right now but that will change soon of course. I think kayak fishing is the best way to fish inshore hands down. The only drawback is limited range but, that is really not that much of a problem since most places around here have a place to launch within paddling distance. Good luck and will see you out on the water.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
yaksailor

Post by yaksailor »

Okay weathers warming up.....Where are we heading? Been out to DB several times, lots of under slot trout but would just love to get into reds in my area. Come on help a Vet out.... :D
Casey US Navy Ret.
Heritage Redfish 12
Hobie Revolution 13.5
RockinNReelin

Post by RockinNReelin »

I'll repeat what's already been said: Welcome home and THANK YOU for your service!! Check out the BACK club meetings and goombas. Great way to meet a LOT of people at one time and check out MANY different boats with all sorts of rigging.

Also check out the PFTS. Another great place to meet lots of anglers and compete for next to nothing.

You've come to the right place by coming to this site. Lots of super anglers and I challenge you to find a better group of people anywhere!

Welcome aboard
~Sharon~
Never lie to someone you trust, Never trust someone who lies to you.
VFTG

Post by VFTG »

Casey, welcome back and thanks for your service. I'm in Palm Harbor too and usually fish around Dunedin Causeway. I'll give you a holler next time I plan to head out, just waiting for a few days of decent weather so the fish will be there.
Victor

Why make a trillion when we could make... billions?
yaksailor

Post by yaksailor »

Thanks everybody for the support.....and for the invite Victor. Let me know

I'm considering the upcoming PFT but I think I may need to hone my skills before any attempt, yet there is such a thing as being lucky I'm told
Casey US Navy Ret.
Heritage Redfish 12
Hobie Revolution 13.5