Another Day, Another Slam

Flamingo to Big Bend
Pmoconnor89

Another Day, Another Slam

Post by Pmoconnor89 »

Albeit a small one...

The fishing this time of year is awesome. Find a grassy ledge with some water movement in the bay, and your gonna catch snook trout and redfish all day.

I made it out in Lemon Bay on Saturday with a friend of mine, looking for some fun on the flats. Right off the bat I found a 20 inch snook on the Sebile, and I knew it was gonna be a good day. It was my first trip out with this friend, so I felt some pressure to find some fish for us.

After a bit more paddling I pulled up on a pothole I always like to make a few casts too and tested it out. Missed a red my first cast, and pulled out a fiesty 17 inch red on my second. After that, I was met by a swarm of these guys in that pothole... I caught 3 on consecutive casts...

Everything in that hole was caught on an Exude dart, which I used pretty much exclusively for the rest of the day.

I paddled about 20 yards south along the ledge of that hole, and managed a dink trout to round out the slam... while my buddy was busy HAMMERING the lizardfish :roll:

On the way back in I found a handful of snook to 22 inches, right on the edges of the grass and hungry for exudes. I mustve caught 4 in about 10 minutes right in front of my buddy, he was getting pretty ticked. Luckily right before we got back to the launch, he pulled out a small snook to make his day worth while, he ended up finishing with a snook a trout a flounder and about 435 lizardfish, they seemed to love his Sebile :P

All in all a good day on the water, can't wait to get out there again Tuesday.
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Thanks for the report.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

Nice report. Were they Golllld Darts?

Signed,
Todd.

8)
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -