Leaking rivets?

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
overtheedge86

Leaking rivets?

Post by overtheedge86 »

Any one ever have this problem, is there a cheap easy way to fix it?

My new grand slam is letting in an awful lot of water, I know the center hatch has been known to leak on these so i siliconed around the lip so it would seal nice. I added a rudder and siliconed all my holes, also added a anchor trolley and siliconed all my holes. The rivets are the only thing i can think of thats left to leak.
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

Set your kayak up, and fill it with water. This should help locate your problem. Hopefully a bit of 5200 will be all you need.
wilfish

Post by wilfish »

I had problems with my hatch leaking om my G/S .My friend and I replace it with a new one and used 5200 to seal it . I try to fix it myself by using siliconing the inside seal ,and all I did was boggied it all up and it looked like shiz. You might to take a look at your scupper holes and see that they aren't crack.
Don't steal... The Government does not like the competition
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Operative Words...."NEW KAYAK".......Return to vender almost all reputable dealers will honor their Product........
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!