Hobie Pro Angler

yakrat

Hobie Pro Angler

Post by yakrat »

Are any of you fishing out of the Hobie Pro Angler? If so, how is it working for you? Would like to hear your pro's & con's.
jd

Post by jd »

Picking mine up this week. Will get back to you shortly with a report.
I have trouble acting normal.
The Below Average Angler

Post by The Below Average Angler »

Is this the boat that clocks in @ like 130 lbs. ? They should call it the Ball Buster..............
Jason
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

And over $2300.00 :shock: :shock: :shock:
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

I was behind a pickup 2 weeks ago that had 2 $tacked up in the covered bed.
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

I saw one at a fishing show a couple of weeks back. The kayak is nice, but a $2,000 price tag for a kayak is a little bit steep. For another $2,000 you can get into a nice boat for that these days.
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
dunfly

Post by dunfly »

Something that big and heavy and expensive, you might as well put an outboard on the back and call it a flats boat.
“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste....” — Rahm Emanuel
"Freedom!" - Sir William Wallace
Who is John Galt?
Shep

Post by Shep »

americanrobster wrote:I saw one at a fishing show a couple of weeks back. The kayak is nice, but a $2,000 price tag for a kayak is a little bit steep. For another $2,000 you can get into a nice boat for that these days.
But at least with the kayak, you don't have to pay for gas, launch fees, insurance, registration, trailer, trailer tags, oil, props, general upkeep and maintenence. Still pretty damn expensive though, especially for a big piece of plastic that you have to move around on your own power.
New place, new fishing adventures.
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

Don't those Hobie Pro Fisherman's that are motorized need to be registered?
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

Shep wrote:
americanrobster wrote:I saw one at a fishing show a couple of weeks back. The kayak is nice, but a $2,000 price tag for a kayak is a little bit steep. For another $2,000 you can get into a nice boat for that these days.
But at least with the kayak, you don't have to pay for gas, launch fees, insurance, registration, trailer, trailer tags, oil, props, general upkeep and maintenence. Still pretty damn expensive though, especially for a big piece of plastic that you have to move around on your own power.
I doubt many guys will be car topping that boat. If you have a trailer a lot of ramps charge 5 bucks to use the ramp. A pick up truck is the only other option. I would have to love peddeling over paddleing to spend 2k..that kind of money puts you in the Kaskazi range.

It does look like a fishing machine tho'
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
wilfish

Post by wilfish »

teamshaft3 wrote:Don't those Hobie Pro Fisherman's that are motorized need to be registered?
Yes they do . Gas or electric, needs to have numbers on it.
Don't steal... The Government does not like the competition
yakrat

Post by yakrat »

I guess there is no one fishing out of one of these. All the replys appear to be from people who don't own one.
BlueCrab

Post by BlueCrab »

yakrat wrote:I guess there is no one fishing out of one of these. All the replys appear to be from people who don't own one.
Welcome to these internets where everyone is an expert.
Old School T160

Marion Jay "JayB" Brewington
July 26, 1949 - April 16, 2009
pbr

Post by pbr »

I think it looks pretty cool, very comfortable seat, peddles quite well, if in too shallow for peddling stand up and use pole. I dont think you want to car top it, but with a pick up and wheels, no problem, you dont need a ramp to launch if you have a mini trailer, just slide it off on the wheels and ready to go. You are going to spend close to the same for a Native. I would consider it.
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

Considering the wind last weekend, I wonder if those are more wind resistant because of their weight. Would be a definite plus if so.
-Cisco-

- Eleanor Roosevelt -