Congrats John Lee and Blake Beltz (Indian River Classic)

West Palm to Jacksonville
SBeltz

Congrats John Lee and Blake Beltz (Indian River Classic)

Post by SBeltz »

Just wanted to say congrats to the guys on the Emotion team for placing in the Indian River Paddle Classic. I heard the fishing was a little tough, but all had a great time. Was over on the bay side two weeks ago with my Dad and we fished Cockroach Bay. Dad hooked up with a 24 1/2 snook, and the trout were plentiful. So many big snook and reds in the water, but all I caught were trout (17-22). It is a pretty place to fish and I can't wait to make the trip from Jax back down. Fishing has been excellent here but it is just nice to fish the other side every now and then. :D
Last edited by SBeltz on Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home." Roderick Haig-Brown
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

Jon Vercetti?
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
Rik

Post by Rik »

John Lee (JKL)
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Vercetti

Post by Vercetti »

teamshaft3 wrote:Jon Vercetti?

Crisco I retired from fishing...just around to deliver weak comedic value to thus forum these days.
- Jon
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Vercetti wrote:
teamshaft3 wrote:Jon Vercetti?

Crisco I retired from fishing...just around to deliver weak comedic value to thus forum these days.
Very weak :roll:
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

Rik wrote:John Lee (JKL)
Yup, it's the quiet one's you gotta watch.

Congrats JKL. :wink:
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
SBeltz

Post by SBeltz »

Should have been more specific. I'm just proud of these guys because they are great mentors and produce quality fish. :oops:
"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home." Roderick Haig-Brown
JKL

Post by JKL »

Thanks guys!

Hopefully next year we can get a few more paddlers from the west coast to make the trip over. It was a great tournament and will only improve with time.

JKL
SBeltz

Post by SBeltz »

Sorry I missed this one! We will have to go fishing next time I'm down.