Where else would you live?

Mother

Post by Mother »

At the Playboy Mansion.
“That brush beyond the big hump has been calling for a long time and maybe I better answer while I’m able” R.L.P
noles

Post by noles »

"whose that little motherf***er with the fly rod"
Hooked

Post by Hooked »

Austrian Alps in the summer, Keys in the winter....

But likely stuck here for a long time. Good thing is it ain't a bad place to be stuck!
Lou aka 'Hooked'

Now Adam's prize was open eyes
His sentence was to see
Day by day, he's worn away
Against reality
JoseC

Post by JoseC »

new zeland
Jose C

Hobie Revolution
clayking

Post by clayking »

I think you list the things that you require of a community. Then go find it. I keep doing that and realize that I'm there. I only wish that I had bought a place on the water, rather than one very close to the water.

I lived in Pensacola on Perdido Key (I think every house or condo is on the water) for a number of years, and loved it. However, the hurricane's have put that little piece of heaven under water a time or two. Also I lived there when there were only a few condo's, now, it is overbuilt........................ck
FishingDL

Post by FishingDL »

Island Park, Idaho - 4 miles under Montana. 20 minutes from the town of West Yellowstone and the National Park. An hour from Big Sky Montana. An hour west of Jackson Hole Wyoming. 7000 foot elevation. I was so impressed with the area when I went through on a trip that I went back 4 times until I found a 2 story log cabin in the woods to buy. Now I go when ever I can. Summer highs are in the low 80's and the nights between 45 to 50 average. There is very little humidity so 82 feels like 72 and it has to get below 50 before you need a jacket. Hard to believe until you are there. The people are as friendly as the nicest person you have ever met. Crime is almost nonexistent and most people don't ever lock their doors. It is a world class fly fishing destination with the Henry's Fork, Buffalo, Snake, Big Springs, and Warm Rivers all running through town and the Henry"s Lake and Island Park Reservoir also there. The Yellowstone, Gallatin, Madison, and several other rivers are within a half hour drive. If you are into nature or senic photography, it doesn't get any better. In the winter time it has more groomed snow mobile trails than anywhere in the U.S. and fantastic cross country skiing. There are 3 down hill skiing resorts withinn an hour drive. It this link works, there are a few quick pics from a couple of weeks ago.

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e204/ ... =slideshow
Dave
-------------------------------------------------------
Is your fish dripping?

(11-01) 235 - (1-22) 215
Rik

Post by Rik »

color me green.....
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Oh my.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Tree-Bone

Post by Tree-Bone »

I'll take FishingDL's cabin...
I get to Jackson at least once a year.
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

Rik wrote:color me green.....
Indeed
TK

Post by TK »

The East Cape of the Baja peninsula, if only you could make a living there.
"I am trying to catch tarpon, but these snook keep getting in the way!"
Fishaddict
Supporter 2013

Post by Fishaddict »

I Like it HERE.

Just need to get someplace smaller for us. Something that someone else takes care of in our old age. It must have a place to keep my kayak and trailer so I can get out and fish.
[b][i]Have Boat ... Will Fish[/i][/b]
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=29547&st

Post by Norm »

Heywood wrote:A small red shack in Montona.
Yep....you and the Unibomber :!: :lol:

Im with Forcedtowork...the rest of you leave and I will be happy right here or maybe a tad further south. Live on this coast for the reds and have a place in Ft Pierce for the snook and trout. 8)
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

ok I've got it narrowed down
Sept something , Arrive in Idaho , before Elk season ( kayaking just don't get you in sahpe for the mountains)
depending on how quickly I bag an Elk I move to NY. Deer & Pheasent season and the holidays with the family.
Jan 1 I'm in Sarasota, Looking a tad pasty from the woods ( need a little
Sun) a couple of beers with the boys a little shepshead and reds from the winter low potholes and we're off to the Bahamas flyfishing for Bones.
May 15th I'm back in Sarasota on the beach looking for Tarpon. Sometime in Aug. disgusted with not hooking up with a silver king it's off to Montana for trout. Sept were back in Idaho. Throw a couple of days at that sweet lookin shack in Riks post and I'm a happy guy. Anybody remember where I left Camille ? :lol:
0 0 1
shallow pockets

Post by shallow pockets »

I would never leave Sarasota. Been here 31 yrs.
Jackson Kayak Pro Staff
BlueTuna

Post by BlueTuna »

I've tried other places; California, the Carolinas, Virginia, and even Hawaii. Nice for a while but Florida has always been home and always will be!
"There's no such word as can't" - Dad
David