Pensacola Naval Base Launch

Big Bend to Pensacola
countryboy_ucf

Pensacola Naval Base Launch

Post by countryboy_ucf »

How's it going... I am Nick's (countryboy_ucf) brother but I wanted to write a report about my fishing trip this last weekend (25 July 2009).

I was down in Pensacola for the weekend and thought I'd take my kayak out fishing for some nice Red Fish... I launched from the Naval Base Marina and found a "No Combustion Engine" area within a few miles and thought I would give it a try. My first fish was a pin fish on top water, but it soon got better... I missed two nice reds then hooked this 22" Red...

Shortly after hooking up with that Red I caught a few Catfish... One of which either birthed all over me or puked out all these little kitty fish...

I also hooked up with a few more nice Reds, a few good Trout and several nice flounder...

I also caught this small Red with ten spots total...

Nick F
Hobie Revolution
"More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own
story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me."
countryboy_ucf

Post by countryboy_ucf »

My brother the catfish OB/GYN...
Nick F
Hobie Revolution
"More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own
Shep

Post by Shep »

countryboy_ucf wrote:My brother the catfish OB/GYN...
Keep em for live baiting? :lol:
New place, new fishing adventures.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Now that is something you don't see everyday, who knows what that is.

And BTW, leaving your glasses on the top of your head like that is a sure fire way to lose them, speaking from experience.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

Nice fish but what happened to the forum standards of photography? There is a GULP product in one of the pics!
Credo quia absurdum
countryboy_ucf

Post by countryboy_ucf »

justabucup wrote:Nice fish but what happened to the forum standards of photography? There is a GULP product in one of the pics!
I admit... I did use a gulp around mid-day because the fish stopped biting... but most of the fish pictured were caught on a D.O.A. Arkansas Glow Fluke. The Reds, trout and flounder loved the D.O.A. The gulps mostly caught me pin fish and catfish... including the one who spewed out all these little guys...
Nick F
Hobie Revolution