Techno or Retro ?

Techno or Retro ?

Techno (use gadgets to better your odds)
11%
Retro (use 3-5 confidence baits)
89%

Total votes: 47

fishinfoflounder

Post by fishinfoflounder »

Something I kinda learned a long time ago (while LM Bass Fishing) There is no gadgetry that will replace time on the water. I used to spend ridiculous numbers of hours fishing. You learn things you don't even realize you've learned. It becomes instinctual. You see a situation & just "know" what's going to work. Lure selection & color just become obvious.
Unless you've been there it's really difficult to explain.
DAILY THOUGHT: MOST PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY
BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

fishinfoflounder wrote:You learn things you don't even realize you've learned. It becomes instinctual. You see a situation & just "know" what's going to work. Lure selection & color just become obvious.
Unless you've been there it's really difficult to explain.
That's a mouth full, but accurate.
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
OzelloShrimper

Post by OzelloShrimper »

I try one new lure or approach every four months. I try one different way of fishing about every two years. I switched to artificials over a year ago and have absolutely loved the cost savings.
clayking

Post by clayking »

I toil all week in what I call a stressful occupation, trading stocks. When the week-end comes, I do things that I enjoy be it fishing, general kayaking, shooting sporting clays, skeet, archery, handguns, or just strolling the beach with a rod enjoying the surf and sand. I fish what I enjoy the most........

To me, being a very visual type of person, I like to see what is taking place, so therefore my favorite throws are top water lures, top water fly fishing, and corking with a DOA or live bait. Nothing beats a strike at a topwater or a cork suddenly disappearing. I don't fish for competition, I fish for enjoyment. To be honest, a fish on the line is the exciting part, be it a redfish, trout, snook, or a dang catfish. Heck, one of my former favorite activities was cast netting for mullet :D .

Easily bored, so new and different is for me. New rod, new reel, new lures, new kayak rigging etc. etc..................................ck
Snook712

Post by Snook712 »

I catch most of my fish on just a few lure types but I do beleive color is important. Clear water means gold darts - darker water means watermelon darts. I have total confidence in darker topwaters in low light or night, especially top pups in black with a chartruese head.

I think fishing the right water at the right time with the right action is more important than anything else.

Go to for me is:

Bone spook jr.
Gold dart for reds
Johnson 1/4 oz gold spoon
Mirrowminnows in silver with green back

I have caught more reds on a Redfish Majik spinnerbait than all others combines. It is the best search bait I have ever used and needs no expertise to work. Throw it out and reel it in. The reds in the big bend clobber it.
Hooked on Youth Fishing Team - Sponsored by Cat Crap Lip Balm
"Fishing for the Future"
Ultimate 12 (Green)
Malibu Stealth 14 (Sand)
Roger
pbr

Post by pbr »

clayking wrote:I toil all week in what I call a stressful occupation, trading stocks. When the week-end comes, I do things that I enjoy be it fishing, general kayaking, shooting sporting clays, skeet, archery, handguns, or just strolling the beach with a rod enjoying the surf and sand. I fish what I enjoy the most........

To me, being a very visual type of person, I like to see what is taking place, so therefore my favorite throws are top water lures, top water fly fishing, and corking with a DOA or live bait. Nothing beats a strike at a topwater or a cork suddenly disappearing. I don't fish for competition, I fish for enjoyment. To be honest, a fish on the line is the exciting part, be it a redfish, trout, snook, or a dang catfish. Heck, one of my former favorite activities was cast netting for mullet :D .

Easily bored, so new and different is for me. New rod, new reel, new lures, new kayak rigging etc. etc..................................ck
CK you sound like me I enjoy the other sports you mentioned, but I gave up trying to trade stocks, to me the loss in quality of life was not worth it.
clayking

Post by clayking »

but I gave up trying to trade stocks, to me the loss in quality of life was not worth it.
Can't, it comes with the job :lol: ..................................ck