Block Island photos

TerryW

Block Island photos

Post by TerryW »

Block Island, RI is quite picturesque. It's is very "New Englandy" with high cliffs overlooking a boulder strewn shoreline and out to sea.

Many, many loooong steps to the beach at Mohegan Bluffs:

View of the cliffs and shore at the Southeast Lighthouse at Mohegan Bluffs:

What a great view we had of the sea from the backyard of the home I rented. One day, it was so foggy that I couldn't see beyond the backyard at all:

As the fog started rolling in a loud blast from a "cannon" ended the race and brought the sail boats parading by my fishing spot.

Here is the same view on a clear day. Plenty of small and keeper Stripers and fluke caught here.

Weird cloud formation. Believe me, this photo didn't capture the total weirdness:

Road with a view to my fishing spot at the Coast Guard cut. A flock of Pheasant hangs around there.

The dredge was our friend, stirring up sand eels that the Stripers loved.

And nephew Jon's keeper Striper went home for lunch with us. (Jon is my snook-catching hero who lives in Stuart.)

The reason for the trip..........

oops, wrong bride and groom. This is Linzy with my great nephew Wil. The real bride and groom had the presence of mind to hold their wedding overlooking my new fishing spot:wink:

Pretty place with very nice fishing from shore, kayaks, or stinkpots. Just don't head to Block Island between mid-June and Labor Day as it filled with hikers, bikers, and tourists.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
mikeB
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by mikeB »

Very Nice. Neat shot of the clouds.
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Great pictures!!!
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
Hank

Post by Hank »

Terry, you sure do multi task, especially if fishing is involved. :lol: :lol:
Nice pics of a beautiful place. I wanna go there.( Before mid June)
Thanks for sharing. And please tell Linzy if short guys is her bag, I am pretty doggone short. She looks lovely, yet natural with that brew in hand. 8)
J.P. FROG

Post by J.P. FROG »

Nice pictures, Terry. A very picturesque place. But if their's no trout, redfish, snook, or tarpon, I don't think I'd want to live there. :wink:
Gary

[i]He who looks outside dreams. He who looks within awakens.[/i]