Help me decide....

If you use one that is listed, please add a review. If a kayak or canoe that you would like to give a review of is not listed, please add it. This is also where you can show off your boat.
BrokenPaddle

Help me decide....

Post by BrokenPaddle »

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120

VS.

Malibu Kayaks Stealth 12

Price is almost the same. Just wondering anyones advice.
Rik

Post by Rik »

You are looking at two very different kayaks. The only way to choose is to paddle them and not just for 5 minutes.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

Rik wrote:You are looking at two very different kayaks. The only way to choose is to paddle them and not just for 5 minutes.
I second that! I am looking to test paddle a Native Ultimate 14.5 for more than 5 minutes before I make a $1,000 dollar purchase.
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

Rik wrote:You are looking at two very different kayaks. The only way to choose is to paddle them and not just for 5 minutes.
I wanted to help but those two kayaks are so different,I didn't know where to start.
Tell us something about yourself and your fishing styles/habits and maybe we can help.
For example.if you are a big guy who fishes with live bait and doesn't paddle more than a mile or two in a day of fishing,the Malibu would be the way to go.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

americanrobster wrote:
I second that! I am looking to test paddle a Native Ultimate 14.5 for more than 5 minutes before I make a $1,000 dollar purchase.
When is the last time you checked that price. They are over $1300 now?
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
Paul
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by Paul »

We just got in our Malibu 12 stealth. Sent me a private message if you would like more information or to set up a demo
Paul Silvernail
"Pimpin' ain't easy....but it's neccessary"
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

Redfisher wrote:
americanrobster wrote:
When is the last time you checked that price. They are over $1300 now?
I just wanted to prove that the kayak I want is over a 1,000 dollars... Sorry for the confusion...
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
BrokenPaddle

Post by BrokenPaddle »

My weight fluctuates but anywhere from 150lbs to 170lbs. I think I just started gaining again. I'm 5' 7". I'll mainly fish rivers around VA. and occasionally want to be able to go out to the HRBT in the Chesapeake Bay.