9wt

yohan1973

9wt

Post by yohan1973 »

This one is a 9'0" 9wt sig V blank. I think I finished this one back in June 2008...did I say "finished?"
Well, the sad truth is that it's not finished yet. I still have not done the decorative wrap above the winding check. lol

Stanley Steemer, carpet cleaner.
skinnywater

Post by skinnywater »

Good to see you are back in action.

Thats one nice looking rod, I really like the color and texture variations in the cork. Does it catch fish? :lol:
Kevin

"Am I missing and eyebrow?" - Adam Savage
forced2work

Post by forced2work »

skinnywater wrote: Does it catch fish? :lol:
No but I bet it can catch an ear......
dunfly

Post by dunfly »

Do you put a finish on your cork grips? If so, what do you use?

Very nice rod by the way. How do you like the action of the Sig V? I've been thinking about trying one.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Very Nice...........
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
islander

Post by islander »

Wow. Good to see you're still alive...
www.lemonbayconservancy.org
yohan1973

Post by yohan1973 »

islander wrote:Wow. Good to see you're still alive...
Yeah, I'm still around...just been busy these days. Good to see that things are still chugging along here!
forced2work wrote:
skinnywater wrote: Does it catch fish? :lol:
No but I bet it can catch an ear......
Never listen to forced2work. He suffers from foot-IN-mouth disease!
As a matter of fact, the rod does pretty well with fish.
It bends nicely:

And it brings them to the boat:

Forced2work...Incase you forgot...that is a fish! maybe someday you'll have one aboard your boat that wasn't caught by mudfoot! Bahhh ha ha! :wink:

dunfly wrote:Do you put a finish on your cork grips? If so, what do you use?

Very nice rod by the way. How do you like the action of the Sig V? I've been thinking about trying one.
Yeah, I've been using U40 these days on the grips. The Sig V is a very powerful blank. It's stout, has some great backbone and the ferrules are actually pretty dang good. It recovers quickly even with the single foot sic guides I have on it. I can throw it pretty far too. The only weird thing I realized about the blank is that it's said to be a 9'-0" blank. Mine is actually 8'-10 1/2" For some that might be an issue but I didn't mind. I'm not fond of 9wts in that water system. I usually use my 7wt. However I am glad I did switch to the 9wt because that fish fought like a champ. May she breed well!
Rik

Post by Rik »

It was nice of Mud to let you hold that one.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
forced2work

Post by forced2work »

Didn't you say that fish was 40" on sunday.........if that is the case i feel sorry for the woman you are ENGAGED TO.
Rik

Post by Rik »

Yohan is engaged? Can't wait for the bachelor party. We paddle fishers do it right!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
yohan1973

Post by yohan1973 »

forced2work wrote:Didn't you say that fish was 40" on sunday.........if that is the case i feel sorry for the woman you are ENGAGED TO.
That was the OTHER fish! :wink:
Unlike those who are forced 2 work I didn't have to jump into the water and hand catch another man's released fish just to get my hands on a fish. :wink: lol, I can't deny that is was the funniest thing I've seen this year though... lol
Rik wrote:Yohan is engaged? Can't wait for the bachelor party. We paddle fishers do it right!
ENGAGED!!! :shock: So that's what happen to my boat money!!!