Favorite Redfish Lure

The Below Average Angler

Post by The Below Average Angler »

I am a big Mirrolure Catch Jr. fan. As far as the color, I like the Black back, gold scales, orange belly the best.
Jason
GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

My best day EVER came while fishing a Saltwater Assassin Salt Grub in Rootbeer. Don't even remember what wt. jig head I was using.

It was 32 degrees at launch time (thankfully I was in a stinkpot that day :P ) with an extremely low tide and North wind. Slayed 'em.

Caught them in the channel at Weedon, caught them off the rocks at Miesner (sp) Marine and a third place that I don't even remember now.

So, from the looks of your poll Heywood, I don't think it matters a whole lot what you throw ... if the fish are eatin'. :D
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey
GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

Heywood wrote:WOW :shock:

Not one bad response, I'm shocked. You should all be proud of yourselfs, you kept it on topic for a lot longer than I thought.
Can we derail it now? 8)
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey
Sully

Post by Sully »

Capt. Mikes to find em and dark colored paddle tail grum once I have.
TRUE
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=27268&st

Post by Norm »

Im suprised no one mentioned water clarity when choosing their lure :?

If the water is a tad murky, I love to use a Johnson Silver minnow in gold, 1/4oz. You can cover alot of water with that lure...it has flash and vibration working for you. I have had equal success in clear as well too with the spoon.
If Im sight fishing, I like the CAL curly tail in greenback...weedy conditions I like to use it with a powerlock.
If the grass is patchy, I like the Cal Shad tail either glow or gold with a MF jighead...1/16th or 1/8oz depending on how deep I want to get.
Also looking forward to using the 12 Fathom Buzztail in New Penny. Looks really good in the water 8)
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

GILs_GONE_WILD wrote:
Heywood wrote:WOW :shock:

Not one bad response, I'm shocked. You should all be proud of yourselfs, you kept it on topic for a lot longer than I thought.
Can we derail it now? 8)
Have at it :lol:

I got some good information. Anyone know of a good Louisanna Kayak Forum? I would like to get their input. I couldnt find one.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
dawgfish

Post by dawgfish »

Exude "Golden Bream".
Rigged weedless with a 3.0 none weighted Mustad hook.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Johnson's Silver Minnow. Gold or silver.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
LivelyBaits

Re: http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=27268&am

Post by LivelyBaits »

Norm wrote: Also looking forward to using the 12 Fathom Buzztail in New Penny. Looks really good in the water 8)
One forum member uses that one a lot, same color. Now is the time of year to use it for redfish. The cold pushed a majority of the pinfish out. That thin tail gets massacred by pinfish if they're in the shallows.

Water clarity is a good topic. It went through my mind but since I can pick one lure for all situations, clear gold is fine. If I'm allowed a murky water exception??
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

Heywood wrote: I got some good information. Anyone know of a good Louisanna Kayak Forum? I would like to get their input. I couldnt find one.
I'll try to help there. But I bet when we find'em there will be a lot of roostertail users.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Thats OK, the article is going to be about the differences.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
madmarco

Post by madmarco »

Gold spoon
fishinfoflounder

Post by fishinfoflounder »

Gambler Flapp'n Shad. Particularly under low light conditions. I believe the large paddle tail creates a greater disturbance that calls the fish in from further out than a regular grub, jerkbait or shad. I fish it on a 1/16-3/8 oz. jighead depending on current & structure I'm fishing.
DAILY THOUGHT: MOST PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY
BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

Looks like the majority of the Loisiana guys prefer gold spoons with inline spinners coming in a close second.
Snook712

Post by Snook712 »

Search bait is redfish magic spinner with red flake body. Sight fishing and clear water is gold flake dart.

I have caught more reds on a spinnerbait than everything else except live bait.
Hooked on Youth Fishing Team - Sponsored by Cat Crap Lip Balm
"Fishing for the Future"
Ultimate 12 (Green)
Malibu Stealth 14 (Sand)
Roger