Favorite Redfish Lure

Mako

Post by Mako »

Gulp Jerk Shad in Sardine color rigged weedless on Mustad Power Lock 2/0 1/16oz weight
Peter
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

TerryW wrote:Gulp New Penny Shrimp on Mission jighead.
Yep,it always seems to work. I prefer the satisfaction of using an exude dart in baby bass though.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

The 12 Fathom Fat Sam Mullet, 3 inch in a variety of colors but if I had to pick one I'd go with "clear gold"
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

I have been throwing a gold 1/4oz Johnson gold spoon. Maybe I will switch to silver...
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

WOW :shock:

Not one bad response, I'm shocked. You should all be proud of yourselfs, you kept it on topic for a lot longer than I thought.

More Gulp than I thought I would see here. I asked this on the Texas forum and I got more topwaters than I thought. I was looking for the difference in lures in the different locations that redfish are caught. Lots of locally made lures there to.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

Heywood wrote:..... I asked this on the Texas forum and I got more topwaters than I thought. I was looking for the difference in lures in the different locations that redfish are caught. Lots of locally made lures there to.
Yes. And I have a Corky lure that was given to me by a Texas forum member. It's not a bad redfish lure. Kind of a cute thing.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
1okbyme2

Post by 1okbyme2 »

I caught my one & only red on a 1/4 oz jig & some plastic shad thing that Neil gave me, so I guess that's it. Can't wait to gather some more emperical data. 8)
"They paved paradise and put up a parking lot" Joni Mitchell
uncdub13

Post by uncdub13 »

Here in NC, I'd roll with most of the lures mentioned so far and feel pretty confident. I guess if I had to pick just one and stay on the safe side, it would be a 3" gulp shrimp on an 1/8 oz jig or 1/16 oz 3/0 powerlock. Any color. Let that stanky stank do its thing (though I've seen a few times when the color of the gulp was clearly the difference maker).

As for a more stylish choice, it would be a DOA paddletail on either of those two hooks. I like the new penny and silver mullet colors the best. Any natural looking color would suffice though. The new penny is money around here in summer and fall when there's a lot of shrimp around. I tend to go with the silver mullet when the water is clear, but both work most of the time.
ryan
fishmaster892

Post by fishmaster892 »

DOA cal shad tail or spook
Emotion Grand Slam Angler
LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

1okbyme2 wrote:I caught my one & only red on a 1/4 oz jig & some plastic shad thing that Neil gave me, so I guess that's it. Can't wait to gather some more emperical data. 8)
That was the Mullet. For redfishing I think the 1/8 is the way to go but the 1/4 will work, you are just probably going to have a harder time keeping it from snagging in the grass.

Get on down here!
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"
Lazyloop

Post by Lazyloop »

From the Fly fishing department:
Borski Slider.

JoseC

Post by JoseC »

gold rush paddle tail or gold stickshadd
Jose C

Hobie Revolution
Shep

Post by Shep »

Baby bass frog with a red hook.
New place, new fishing adventures.
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

1/8 oz. Mission jighead w/ Greenback (#419) C.A.L. Shad Tail.
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Nice Slider!
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
1okbyme2

Post by 1okbyme2 »

LivelyBaits wrote:
1okbyme2 wrote:I caught my one & only red on a 1/4 oz jig & some plastic shad thing that Neil gave me, so I guess that's it. Can't wait to gather some more emperical data. 8)
That was the Mullet. For redfishing I think the 1/8 is the way to go but the 1/4 will work, you are just probably going to have a harder time keeping it from snagging in the grass.

Get on down here!
Leaving birght & early Saturday morning!
Dang buckeye state may be a problem, Huge ice storm going through.
"They paved paradise and put up a parking lot" Joni Mitchell