How long will they last.....

Rooster

How long will they last.....

Post by Rooster »

I bought my first expensive pair of sungasses, made by Hobie, they were originally priced at $199 at dogfish for but I got them for $99 and an electric dread 8) :lol: (that and they they had a big sale on them) so Place your bets....I'm clumsy.... :lol: :lol: I walked to my pond with them on the other day, and I can certainly see WAY more than what I could see with my $40 pair 8) .
"I tell you now we won't give in
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

In the words of Red Foreman,"Well aren't you just the Mayor of Turdtown!"
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

redfisher wrote:In the words of Red Foreman,"Well aren't you just the Mayor of Turdtown!"
That show rules!!!! Anyway, isnt Turdtown another name for Tampa? If not...It really should be. :lol:
"I tell you now we won't give in
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth
MarkM
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by MarkM »

Croakies
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

I had one pair of sunglasses that lasted me 4 years. I was a big fan of Oakley's until I had 2 pairs that got wet and the clear coat was peeling off of them. I was lucky that I didn't pay full price for them because I knew the girl at the store LOL. I now have Costa's and they are great.
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=26980&st

Post by Norm »

The difference in the price between a cheap pair and a quality pair of glasses is in the coatings and whether the lens are plastic or glass. Glass is abit heavier, but you will get the best clarity from it over plastic lens.
Cheap glasses will lose the polarized coatings very quickly after being wiped several times where the expensive ones are protected usually by laminating layers. Most of the expensive ones have a guarantee against delamination or peeling. Of course normal wear and tear and use isn't covered, so be sure to wipe your lens with something like a micro fiber towel. Even terry cloth can scratch a lens.
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
jd

Post by jd »

The Hobie glasses are pretty sweet. Just don't lose them. They have a lifetime warranty.
I have trouble acting normal.
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

I always use a micro fiber towel and sunglass lens cleaner to clean my Costas. You can buy both at sunglass hut for $10.