Sunday - Dec 28

Flamingo to Big Bend
mudfish

Sunday - Dec 28

Post by mudfish »

Arriving later than the rest of my Paddle-Fishing cohorts, I put in at 27˚52'29.06N 82˚35'48.18W to a beach full of sunbathers and their furcoat bestest friends, around noon. Even from 200+ yards away it wasn't hard to locate where everyone decided to fish by the silhouettes of all the kayaks on the flats.

A quick ten minute paddle and 3 Ladyfish later, I was getting updated on the morning fishing action I'd missed, or lack of in this case, even though along the way I passed many, many schools of Cownose Rays, and about three 3' Bonnethead Sharks stirring up the water, even a couple of huge Stingrays, including one about the diameter of a car tire I didn't get to shoot...
...but no signs of anything I was in search of. Any mud clouds I saw were from spooked out rays and not Reds as I had hoped.

Anyhoo, I got to spend some quality time on the water with buddies, and had the pleasure of enjoying every ray of sunlight that came my way. What a stellar day it was. This was my first time at this location without having to battle the wind, what a nice change!

Even after spotting a few small Snook that wanted nothing to do with my offerings, I ended the day with the 3 Ladyfish I'd begun my day with. Now I ain't complainin', it was a glorious day to enjoy no matter what. :D

Alnorito and his new Marine son on the gin clear flasts

Chuck (TS1) givin' me the morning "poop" before leaving for home with Chris (Snooker668)
behind him are Paul and his son wading the channel edge

Alnorito & son

After my Snook sighting not 5 yds behind them, Al and son paddled over and discovered a productive Trout hole where they immediately had a double hook-up

Anyone know if this is an Eagle or a big Osprey?
Sure was an imposing figure up there eyeballin' everything for miles.

After paddling back up to an area another kayak fisherman bagged a nice keeper Red, I'd decided to call it a day shortly before sunset. Al and son had left before me but stayed around to help my old "gimpy-ass" with my kayak.

Thanks guys, I really appreciated the help. Hopefully you made it home safe and sound to spend another gorgeous day on God's water.

Peace :wink:
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
apaulos

Post by apaulos »

Liking the GPS #'s :lol:

Next time post the #'s for the fish and not the sunbather in the small black outfit!
Alnorito

Post by Alnorito »

Thanks for the pics Cisco.Yes it turned out to be a beautiful day.Not a lot of fish but a good day.My son managed a small flounder and we also caught some ladyfish.The reds actually were there just not active also lots of big trout swiming around.This was before you came in.You brought us good luck as we found those trout latter with you.And just as we were leaving we saw a school fo big jacks headding almost straight toward us.We each got one.After that we tought it was acttually a great day.Here are some pics.
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

That really was some gin clear water & it looks like everyone had a good day.

Where is that? :wink:
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
Redfishn'Ale

Post by Redfishn'Ale »

crazy looking water, the way you can see through it yet it still reflects in that second shot...very cool, nice report
madmarco

Post by madmarco »

Looks like Gandy to me
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

madmarco wrote:Looks like Gandy to me
Yep. The water was VERY clear. It was beautiful out there on Sunday.
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

Al, luv the pics of the Jacks! They are alot of fun, glad you at least hooked up a couple. From the pic, it looks about the same area where I played with the lady's on my way to you guys.
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
AnkleDeep

Post by AnkleDeep »

Hey, I even made it into a few of those by Al! Beautiful day on the water.
"Why not make ten one louder?"
"These go to eleven"
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

You all quit hole jumping :lol: although its good to know the jacks are makin a show, I aint seen them in a while....then again its been a LONG while since I been out....
"I tell you now we won't give in
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth