Any opinions?

Rooster

Any opinions?

Post by Rooster »

I was browsing around searching for stuff when I came across this:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... hasJS=true
Before I whip out the debit card and order, I figure I'll ask the pros, worth the Money or no? Its got 5 out of 5 review.
"I tell you now we won't give in
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

A bunch of leader material in sizes you will probably never use.
Get a few spools of this stuff in sizes you will actually need instead.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

Thanks for the input, You make a valid point, :idea: I wouldn't have a clue what to do with that all that 2-5 lb stuff that comes with it, that never would have crossed my mind :oops: :lol: .
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

I'm sure it's just because of all the studying.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
dunfly

Post by dunfly »

If you are fishing saltwater, it would be a big waste of money. Saltwater leaders are not that difficult. I never use more than three line sizes, usually 30# hard mason, 20# hard mason and 10# fluorocarbon. That kit is for trout leaders that can have 5 to 7 different line sizes.

Are you in school or are people just still giving you a bunch of crap?
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

dunfly wrote:Are you in school or are people just still giving you a bunch of crap?
I'm In the process of taking the GED test online,but hit a roadblock with history, I been studying, and have a friend who is helping tutor me this weekend.
I also was encouraged by my boss to put my name in to move up to a foreman (current forman will be moving to management), He seems to want me in there pretty bad. I'm surely going to put in for it.
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

Hey Bearsfan, Thanks for the tip on that rio hard mono, I got a few spools, made a leader and went to the pond, Wow! I never layed that line out so straight and perfect so consistantly even with a breeze in my face! I guess regular tripple fish leader material that I use for spinning leaders wasn't a good choice for the flyrod leaders, this stuff made casting much easier!
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

No problem.

bonefishwhisperer

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

BearsFan wrote:A bunch of leader material in sizes you will probably never use.
Get a few spools of this stuff in sizes you will actually need instead.
this stuff is bullet proof leader/tippet...it comes in odd sizes but it holds knots well and I have NEVER broke off a fish while using it...I landed my 1st permit using the 16 size tippet
Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

Just about anything that says Rio is that way.